Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Machine-Gun Armed Police Patrol Violent London Neighborhoods

  1. #1
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    http://www.securitymanagement.com/ne...orhoods-006337

    (from the article)
    About 20 officers from the Metropolitan Police's CO19 branch, the English equivalent of American SWAT Teams, will increasingly patrol "no go" zones where rival Turkish gangs have engaged in violent shootouts recently. The officers, some on motorbikes, will conduct weapon sweeps on individuals.
    note: I just want to be clear. I'm in no way anti-police. I find arming police in the UK ironic, since from what I've gathered police/peace keepers do not regularly carry firearms.


    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Can't be true. They have created for themselves a perfectly safe socialist state. No need whatever for SMGs. Blaming something on Turks just proves the xenophobia of the author.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South end of the state, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    314

    Post imported post

    Lets see... they got rid of the guns. They are getting the knives taken out of action , now it is a certain kind of people.

    Soon they will be ridding the population of walking canes and umbrellas. They just never learn.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    Pardon me while I shriek with laughter! This is just too rich!

    Seriously, is there a secret ministry in Britain that is charged with making the government look ridiculous?

    After all, Muslim gangs are merely a manifestation of tolerance and diversity. It's to be expected that marginalized groups would react violently against a nation which forces welfare on them and denigrates its own culture on their behalf.

    Britain is now reaping its harvest and it's beautiful to see.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    That being so, what does their 'harvest' suggest for ours? See the thread on the next American Revolution (the Second American Revolution is a historical fact).

  6. #6
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    Britain has several million trash cans in service which have a microchip embedded within their interiors. These chips contain software that analyzes the amount of trash versus recyclables a citizen discards and if the ratio is outside of acceptable parameters, the citizen receives a fine.

    Some of their cops also carry a portable fingerprint scanning devices (called Lantern) so they can take fingerprints (two) from drivers they stop. The project I last worked on was responsible for this technology.

    There are cameras all over the place in major cities.

    I think umbrellas with metal tips have already been banned, but I am not sure about this.

    A major defense contractor for the U.S. Army is developing a hand held device that will gather biometric data from individuals. Finger print scans, voice prints, iris scans, facial recognition.. probably a few more I don't recall. I have seen an informal demonstration with this device and it is scary. Just think if the government were of a mind to turn this loose on American citizens.

    The dark and evil side of technology.


    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    There is one irrefutable fact that we must never forget:

    THERE WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS ON SOCIETY TO SATISFY THE COP MENTALITY!

    Police in Britain are a prime exemplar of an out-of-control agency. They not only follow oppressive laws but worse make up rules as needed. (Think ATF, which tells courts what evidence the defense may present.)

    Britain has degenerated into the archetypal police state.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    this is exactly what happens when you take away the rights of the people.

    I could guarantee you to a great degree--if our estranged British cousins would give their people back their right to keep and bear arms for their defense--alot of the criminal on citizen violence would stop, because it would not take too many criminals getting shot during the midst of a robbery or assault, other violent crime--for the rest to get the hint and find a new line of work...

    and I mean arm all British citizens in all of England who are at least 18 and can pass a background check like we have here in many states. And actually require as a general law all British citizens at least 18 to carry a handgun and have at least one long gun at home--shotgun, AK, AR....something along those lines.

  9. #9
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    old dog wrote:
    Pardon me while I shriek with laughter! This is just too rich!

    Seriously, is there a secret ministry in Britain that is charged with making the government look ridiculous?
    hmm? I've seen better.

    Chinese counter terrorism drills while on segways




    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    now THAT is tactical!!!!!






    lol

  11. #11
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    And closer to home...

    Newport News, VIRGINIA police are using facial recognition software and have an unmarked car that drives around changing lanes quickly and regularly so it can scan the cars on either side of it at the same time as it drives around.

    This isn't tin-foil hat stuff. A York County Deputy Sheriff told me he has seen this thing in action! I don't have anything to hide, but it sure makes one think. I wonder how long it will be until the Department of Fatherland Security has their NATIONAL DATABASE up and running? Will our VA CHP's be entered into the NATIONAL database along with our driver's licenses?

    THIS is scary stuff...:what:
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    MSC:

    Those most responsible for this sort of Big Brotherism are the blind, sanctimonious fools who say "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear." They are the ones who would accede to random home searches and electronic monitoring, mail covers and police stop-and-interview programs. After all, the government just wants to make the streets safe.

    Ben was right: Those who would sacrifice a measure of freedom for a bit of temporary safety deserve neither freedom nor safety.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509

    Post imported post

    insane.kangaroo wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    Pardon me while I shriek with laughter! This is just too rich!

    Seriously, is there a secret ministry in Britain that is charged with making the government look ridiculous?
    hmm? I've seen better.

    Chinese counter terrorism drills while on segways



    r6-rider wrote:
    now THAT is tactical!!!!!
    lol
    Paul Blart just creamed his pants.

  14. #14
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    And closer to home...

    Newport News, VIRGINIA police are using facial recognition software and have an unmarked car that drives around changing lanes quickly and regularly so it can scan the cars on either side of it at the same time as it drives around.

    This isn't tin-foil hat stuff. A York County Deputy Sheriff told me he has seen this thing in action! I don't have anything to hide, but it sure makes one think. I wonder how long it will be until the Department of Fatherland Security has their NATIONAL DATABASE up and running? Will our VA CHP's be entered into the NATIONAL database along with our driver's licenses?

    THIS is scary stuff...:what:
    How about pulling a citizen's arrest on them for doing this. Wouldn't that be raw?

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  15. #15
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    old dog wrote:
    MSC:

    Those most responsible for this sort of Big Brotherism are the blind, sanctimonious fools who say "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear." They are the ones who would accede to random home searches and electronic monitoring, mail covers and police stop-and-interview programs. After all, the government just wants to make the streets safe.

    Ben was right: Those who would sacrifice a measure of freedom for a bit of temporary safety deserve neither freedom nor safety.
    You are right.

    On the project I last worked, the one I mentioned above, the UK was our client - specifically PITA which later became NPIA. In other words, the national police forces; their central and bureau installations.

    I was discussing the significant increase in monitored cameras throughout London along with the portable device (Lantern) the police were starting to use in a pilot program with one of my co-coworkers. He was fully in favor of all of this and couldn't see why we didn't do this stuff here in the U.S. He believed we too should implement these programs, and more like them, here if it means we could be safer. There was no way I was going to help him see the incredible danger of doing something like this. His attitude was, "damn the Constitution, just do it anyway". It's really sad that there are Americans who take this mindset.

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    SouthernBoy wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    MSC:

    Those most responsible for this sort of Big Brotherism are the blind, sanctimonious fools who say "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear." They are the ones who would accede to random home searches and electronic monitoring, mail covers and police stop-and-interview programs. After all, the government just wants to make the streets safe.

    Ben was right: Those who would sacrifice a measure of freedom for a bit of temporary safety deserve neither freedom nor safety.
    You are right.

    On the project I last worked, the one I mentioned above, the UK was our client - specifically PITA which later became NPIA. In other words, the national police forces; their central and bureau installations.

    I was discussing the significant increase in monitored cameras throughout London along with the portable device (Lantern) the police were starting to use in a pilot program with one of my co-coworkers. He was fully in favor of all of this and couldn't see why we didn't do this stuff here in the U.S. He believed we too should implement these programs, and more like them, here if it means we could be safer. There was no way I was going to help him see the incredible danger of doing something like this. His attitude was, "damn the Constitution, just do it anyway". It's really sad that there are Americans who take this mindset.
    Your co-worker would have gone far under the government of Stalin and Brezhnev....You should have told your co-worker that if he thinks the Brits have it all down right with their monitoring, and surveillance programs and with their stripping the people of their rights--then he can feel free to leave and go live in England...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,098

    Post imported post

    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Britain has several million trash cans in service which have a microchip embedded within their interiors. These chips contain software that analyzes the amount of trash versus recyclables a citizen discards and if the ratio is outside of acceptable parameters, the citizen receives a fine.

    Some of their cops also carry a portable fingerprint scanning devices (called Lantern) so they can take fingerprints (two) from drivers they stop. The project I last worked on was responsible for this technology.

    There are cameras all over the place in major cities.

    I think umbrellas with metal tips have already been banned, but I am not sure about this.

    A major defense contractor for the U.S. Army is developing a hand held device that will gather biometric data from individuals. Finger print scans, voice prints, iris scans, facial recognition.. probably a few more I don't recall. I have seen an informal demonstration with this device and it is scary. Just think if the government were of a mind to turn this loose on American citizens.

    The dark and evil side of technology.

    OK., the trash thing is new to me, and I lived there until two years ago. When did this start?

  18. #18
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Britain has several million trash cans in service which have a microchip embedded within their interiors. These chips contain software that analyzes the amount of trash versus recyclables a citizen discards and if the ratio is outside of acceptable parameters, the citizen receives a fine.

    Some of their cops also carry a portable fingerprint scanning devices (called Lantern) so they can take fingerprints (two) from drivers they stop. The project I last worked on was responsible for this technology.

    There are cameras all over the place in major cities.

    I think umbrellas with metal tips have already been banned, but I am not sure about this.

    A major defense contractor for the U.S. Army is developing a hand held device that will gather biometric data from individuals. Finger print scans, voice prints, iris scans, facial recognition.. probably a few more I don't recall. I have seen an informal demonstration with this device and it is scary. Just think if the government were of a mind to turn this loose on American citizens.

    The dark and evil side of technology.

    Welcome to 1984.

    Next they'll be permanently binding your arms in legs, just in case you might hit or kick someone. Isn't authoritarianism grand?

    Has anyone noticed the male officer is pointing his gun in the direction of the female officer? This is dangerous.

    <sarcasm>
    Britain needs to ban police officers from owning guns, for safety's sake. What if he accidentally pointed it at an innocent bystander?! :what: Won't they think of the children?! :what:</sarcasm>

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    166

    Post imported post

    suntzu wrote:
    Your co-worker would have gone far under the government of Stalin and Brezhnev....

    Or Obama...or Bush...or Clinton...etc.

    Just because your government is doing it slower, doesn't mean it's not already on the same path.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post









    If you track down the source of this map, the UK is listed as the #1 surveillance state in the world, with the US not far behind - thanks Dubya.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    Statesman wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Britain has several million trash cans in service which have a microchip embedded within their interiors. These chips contain software that analyzes the amount of trash versus recyclables a citizen discards and if the ratio is outside of acceptable parameters, the citizen receives a fine.

    Some of their cops also carry a portable fingerprint scanning devices (called Lantern) so they can take fingerprints (two) from drivers they stop. The project I last worked on was responsible for this technology.

    There are cameras all over the place in major cities.

    I think umbrellas with metal tips have already been banned, but I am not sure about this.

    A major defense contractor for the U.S. Army is developing a hand held device that will gather biometric data from individuals. Finger print scans, voice prints, iris scans, facial recognition.. probably a few more I don't recall. I have seen an informal demonstration with this device and it is scary. Just think if the government were of a mind to turn this loose on American citizens.

    The dark and evil side of technology.

    Welcome to 1984.

    Next they'll be permanently binding your arms in legs, just in case you might hit or kick someone. Isn't authoritarianism grand?

    Has anyone noticed the male officer is pointing his gun in the direction of the female officer? This is dangerous.

    <sarcasm>
    Britain needs to ban police officers from owning guns, for safety's sake. What if he accidentally pointed it at an innocent bystander?! :what: Won't they think of the children?! :what:</sarcasm>
    Only the police are "well trained and professional" enough to carry a gun...

    </end sarcasm.>

    The UK is a joke--and the USSA is quickly heading down that road.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    canadian wrote:
    suntzu wrote:
    Your co-worker would have gone far under the government of Stalin and Brezhnev....

    Or Obama...or Bush...or Clinton...etc.

    Just because your government is doing it slower, doesn't mean it's not already on the same path.
    Yes, I agree, but the Americans, unlike the British, have this nasty habit of resisting tyranny. The British merely accept tyranny and make no effort to resist it...

    A government can only push its' people around as long as the people are willing to put up with it.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    old dog wrote:
    MSC:

    Those most responsible for this sort of Big Brotherism are the blind, sanctimonious fools who say "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear." They are the ones who would accede to random home searches and electronic monitoring, mail covers and police stop-and-interview programs. After all, the government just wants to make the streets safe.

    Ben was right: Those who would sacrifice a measure of freedom for a bit of temporary safety deserve neither freedom nor safety.
    That is why I will NEVER, not EVER voluntarily allow or agree to a search of my person, vehicle, things or home. If they have to ask, they have no reason to search.

    the sanctimonious of society can live in France for all I care, or in England. This is America as far as I am concerned, and if they want a big brother society then they should move to the UK, or Germany where they promote that kind of garbage and shovel it down the throats of the people by the dump truck load.




  24. #24
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    PavePusher wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Britain has several million trash cans in service which have a microchip embedded within their interiors. These chips contain software that analyzes the amount of trash versus recyclables a citizen discards and if the ratio is outside of acceptable parameters, the citizen receives a fine.

    Some of their cops also carry a portable fingerprint scanning devices (called Lantern) so they can take fingerprints (two) from drivers they stop. The project I last worked on was responsible for this technology.

    There are cameras all over the place in major cities.

    I think umbrellas with metal tips have already been banned, but I am not sure about this.

    A major defense contractor for the U.S. Army is developing a hand held device that will gather biometric data from individuals. Finger print scans, voice prints, iris scans, facial recognition.. probably a few more I don't recall. I have seen an informal demonstration with this device and it is scary. Just think if the government were of a mind to turn this loose on American citizens.

    The dark and evil side of technology.

    OK., the trash thing is new to me, and I lived there until two years ago. When did this start?
    I wish I knew. I just heard about it over the weekend through an interview on Fox News with someone in the UK. I should have gotten the man's name and position/title. It kind of caught me off guard because it sounded so absurd that I thought he was kidding. But he didn't retract his comments or indicate that they were anything other but factual.


    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sunnyvale, California, USA
    Posts
    171

    Post imported post

    SouthernBoy wrote:
    PavePusher wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Britain has several million trash cans in service which have a microchip embedded within their interiors. These chips contain software that analyzes the amount of trash versus recyclables a citizen discards and if the ratio is outside of acceptable parameters, the citizen receives a fine.

    Some of their cops also carry a portable fingerprint scanning devices (called Lantern) so they can take fingerprints (two) from drivers they stop. The project I last worked on was responsible for this technology.

    There are cameras all over the place in major cities.

    Fox News ???

    Fox News? That's a joke!

    I think umbrellas with metal tips have already been banned, but I am not sure about this.

    A major defense contractor for the U.S. Army is developing a hand held device that will gather biometric data from individuals. Finger print scans, voice prints, iris scans, facial recognition.. probably a few more I don't recall. I have seen an informal demonstration with this device and it is scary. Just think if the government were of a mind to turn this loose on American citizens.

    The dark and evil side of technology.

    OK., the trash thing is new to me, and I lived there until two years ago.* When did this start?
    I wish I knew. I just heard about it over the weekend through an interview on Fox News with someone in the UK. I should have gotten the man's name and position/title. It kind of caught me off guard because it sounded so absurd that I thought he was kidding. But he didn't retract his comments or indicate that they were anything other but factual.

    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •