• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick OC report - Tacoma/Federal Way

Bobarino

imported post

happy to report that nothing happened. granted i wasn't in any one place long enough for police to arrive had someone called, but i didn't see any indications that anyone did.

stopped in REI for some Mountain House meals expecting some sort of negative comments from the nature loving people that frequent the place. (hay, i'm a nature lover too, AND i carry a gun!) anyway, nothing but a few doubletakes. a sales guy showing a couple some bikes stared for a minute and then his clients did too. that's it. at the counter, i overheard a teller say they have a Military Day tomorrow (25th). i don't know what that entails but any military members may want to check it out.

stopped at Top Foods in Felony Way, oops! i mean Federal Way ;) to grab a pumpkin to carve with my GF and her niece who is staying with us for the weekend. again, just a couple double takes. the checkers didn't didn't care a bit.

Quick stop at Ace Hardware for a drop cloth for said pumpkin carving festivities. not even a sideways glance.

Hooray! success! i must admit, i was nervous being as this is the first time i've OC'ed for any length of time while not at an OCDO event. my main reason is that my CPL expired and Fed Way PD is taking their sweet time getting my new permit to me. it's a real pain to unload, load, unload, load. lesson here: renew sooner.

good day. will be seeing you all tomorrow.

Bobby

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Bobby

Just keep OCing and pretty soon it will feel wrong when you are not OCing. At least thats the way it has worked for me.:celebrate

Orphan