Thread: How long do I need to Live in Alabama to apply for a Concealed Hand Gun Permit???

Post imported post

I called the local police, I was told by the record's department. That I had to wait 6 months before I could apply for a concealed handgun permit. Example: I move to Alabama Oct of 09' I have to wait till April 10' to apply for the permit. I have looked for this rule or law online, but unable to find this, is this true or was I told wrong information. Any help would be nice, I know I have to wait 3 months to buy a handgun from a gun shop.....

Thanks!!!!

Post imported post

I was only here a month and a half and went up to the sherriffs office and applyied and got mine. I have never heard of that. My wife got her's about the same time too. This is over here in Dale County.

Post imported post

double post.

Post imported post

Permits are issued by the Sherriff of your county of residence. The Sherriff has wide discretion as to the issuing policies so it will vary from county to county. Most of our Sherriffs are pretty cool about issuing to newcomers, particularly if you have a license in your former state.

I'd recommend going to the Sherriff's office and asking in person when you pick up an application.

What county, BTW?

Jay

Post imported post

You might also try talking to the Sheriff personally.