• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time to organize an Open Carry Event?

blackout

imported post

Greetings fellow Idahoans! There's nothing like living ina Gold Star State where open carry is legal, and becoming more commonplace.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone and everyone that may be interested in organizing an open carry event of some kind, here in the Treasure Valley, before the snow flys this year.

Not new to gun ownership, and defensive use, but I am new to stepping up and letting my voice be heard on the importance of supporting 2A and what it means to so many law abiding Americans.

My home in Eagle was recently broken into - while my wife and I were home - my handguns gave me peace of mind, and security. I never want to lose the defensive ability for my home and family. The bad guys will never come unarmed, there is no reason I should...

What do you think?

blackout

imported post

Saw that post, and hoped to hear from you. Can't wait to meet you all.

ecocks

imported post

Perhaps you might look at your schedule and see if you have time to help the recruiting table at the gun show on the weekend following the meeting.

Looking forward to seeing you.

blackout

imported post

Please give me a heads up about the meeting and how I can help at the gun show

ecocks

imported post

OK, here we go with the information for the next meeting!

November 12th, 2009 - 7:00 PM

Sunrise Cafe

805 North Main Street

Meridian, ID 83642

RSVPappreciated but not necessary.

Ordering food and beverage is optional but also appreciated.

ecocks

imported post

OK, here we go with the information for the next meeting!

November 12th, 2009 - 7:00 PM

Sunrise Cafe

805 North Main Street

Meridian, ID 83642

RSVPappreciated but not necessary.

Ordering food and beverage is optional but also appreciated.

ISRAEL

imported post

HELLOW!! PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT IT,I AM VERY INTERESTED,I LIVE IN BOISE AND GO TO CHURCH IN EAGLE ON FLOTING FEATHER. ARE YOU COMING TO THE MEETING ON THE 12? I AM PLANING TO ATTEND WITH MY WIFE,OUR FIRST TIME. ISRAEL.

ecocks

imported post

Israel:

No big agenda, just be there on the 12th and we'll meet and greet, then discuss a little of our organizational activity and THEN figure out what's the plan for the show and maybe try an informal indoor shoot or something.

See you there!

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Blackout, we are planning on discussing the next planned event at the meeting, I have some great ideas that I will introduce and hope others have some too that will support the community while getting open carry and the idea of guns out there to the public to cure the scary gun theory. All gun owners are welcome to participate of course, OC/CC. Come to the meeting and see what transpires. See you there.

blackout

imported post

I'm looking forward to the meeting and I have given a great deal of thought to some ways that we might be able to bring open carry to the media as well.

I have a history with KBOI radio and Fox 12 news - it might come in handy to promote future events.