• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry for student at Drive Thru

wheelgunz

imported post

Posted this in the general section also:

Im a 21 year old college student who works part time at a local carry out in Ohio. As the winter time approaches we only have one person working the night shift(5-10) and closing the store.

The store also deals in firearms and ammo and we were broken into over labor day weekend and had several guns stolen.

I would like to open carry. I cleared it with the owners and they have no problem with it. They posses a C1 and C2 license to sell beer and wine. Am I good to go or is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Am I reading that right? A store that sells food, beer, guns, and ammo?

Coooooooool!! A one-stop shop for all the important things in life!

:D

(Enjoyed separately, of course.)

RebelHell

imported post

Sounds like you are good to go. As long as they don't SERVE alchohol it's not a problem. Remember totake it off and unloadbefore getting in your car to leave for the night unless you already have your CCL. Unload means empty magazines too. That is why I still recomend the CCL. Makes it easier in a car.

Bustelo5%

imported post

(d) The principal holder of a D permit issued for premises or an open air arena under Chapter 4303. of the Revised Code while in the premises or open air arena for which the permit was issued if the principal holder of the D permit also possesses a valid license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun issued to the principal holder under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code or a license to carry a concealed handgun that was issued to the principal holder by another state with which the attorney general has entered into a reciprocity agreement under section 109.69 of the Revised Code and as long as the principal holder is not consuming liquor or under the influence of alcohol or a drug of abuse, or any agent or employee of that holder who also is a peace officer, as defined in section 2151.3515 of the Revised Code, who is off duty, and who otherwise is authorized to carry firearms while in the course of the officer’s official duties and while in the premises or open air arena for which the permit was issued and as long as the agent or employee of that holder is not consuming liquor or under the influence of alcohol or a drug of abuse.