• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unicorn on wheels?

Harper1227

imported post

yesterday was a busy day. saw two NRA plate within 10 miles. 1 said NRA Lyfr (or something like that) and the other i think 397 ONR. don't know what a 397 is, anyone?

both is pick ups first white, second silver.

wylde007

imported post

Well, it may be like the "Virginia Beach" plates where it is a number followed by VB unless a vanity/custom message is requested. Virginia Beach city logo is to the left of the numbers.

I have Robert E. Lee plates. I have a vanity tag. Another fellow at my office has Lee plates but no vanity message. His number is ####LE.

Because of the NRA logo in the middle of the plate it may actually be 3970 NR.

Just fielding a guess.

Harper1227

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Well, it may be like the "Virginia Beach" plates where it is a number followed by VB unless a vanity/custom message is requested. Virginia Beach city logo is to the left of the numbers.

I have Robert E. Lee plates. I have a vanity tag. Another fellow at my office has Lee plates but no vanity message. His number is ####LE.

Because of the NRA logo in the middle of the plate it may actually be 3970 NR.

Just fielding a guess.

AAHHHHH! that makes sense. thanks! if it hadnt been a 0/O i wouldnt have paid it much attention but it looked like Owner...

cool. thanks.

wylde007

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
"I have a Glock 23 at home that is completely useless to me out here."
Truth is stranger than fiction, my friend.

A lot of people still think the 2nd Amendment is about hunting.:banghead:

hunter45

imported post

nova wrote:
There's a vehicle that regularly parks in the deck at GMU that has an NRA Life Member sticker. Another one has a Gadsden Flag sticker.

All hope is not lost yet it looks...

And soon there will be a tan Ford Escape parking at GMU with a GSL sticker. :)

Harper1227

imported post

nova wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
nova wrote:
There's a vehicle that regularly parks in the deck at GMU that has an NRA Life Member sticker. Another one has a Gadsden Flag sticker.

Sweet. I remove my big GSL magnet (Thanks Ed! :cool: ) during the week when I'm on campus to keep a low profile but I still have my round red/white VCDL sticker on the back window.
pending my GRE test, there may be one more GSL at GMU starting next fall!! watch out GMU, we're takin' over :celebrate

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
nova wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
nova wrote:

Sweet. I remove my big GSL magnet (Thanks Ed! :cool: ) during the week when I'm on campus to keep a low profile but I still have my round red/white VCDL sticker on the back window.
pending my GRE test, there may be one more GSL at GMU starting next fall!! watch out GMU, we're takin' over :celebrate
Ah ha! Even more proof were not all neanderthal gun totin' rednecks! I too am studying to take my GRE's! We's all gettin all extra shmart and sthuff! Im trying for VCU though, not GMU. : )

nova

imported post

I saw a gray Honda Element with a "shooter jack" (RKBA version of navy jack) along with a "peace through superior firepower" sticker today :cool:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Interesting.

I got rear-ended last week, in MD, exiting 495 onto 295N. Little honda sedan actually went under my Jeep Liberty. Damage minor, no one hurt.

I wonder if it was because of my bumper stickers that the other driver was so simperingly apologetic:

VCDL (round red & white)
GSL (big round orange sticker)
"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it"

Hmmmmm.....

essayons

imported post

There is a Ford Explorer parked in the Fan with NRA tags and the license plate that reads "Packin" or something to the same effect. Anyone on here?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tess wrote:
Interesting.

I got rear-ended last week, in MD, exiting 495 onto 295N. Little honda sedan actually went under my Jeep Liberty. Damage minor, no one hurt.

I wonder if it was because of my bumper stickers that the other driver was so simperingly apologetic:

VCDL (round red & white)
GSL (big round orange sticker)
"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it"

Hmmmmm.....
Another anecdotal, defensive use of bumper stickers. :lol:

Never leave home without one!

Yata hey

tdbarge

imported post

Guess this is as good a place as any to put this since we don't really have an official unicorn sighting thread.

Gray Toyota Corolla. (I think thats what it was) I was sort of in shock seeing the Blue VCDL "Guns Save Lives" sticker on the left side of the bumper. Was about 1730 on 395 N just before the Edsall Rd exit. Middle Aged gentleman w/ a beard.

Anyone here?

nova

imported post

tdbarge wrote:
Guess this is as good a place as any to put this since we don't really have an official unicorn sighting thread.

Gray Toyota Corolla. (I think thats what it was) I was sort of in shock seeing the Blue VCDL "Guns Save Lives" sticker on the left side of the bumper. Was about 1730 on 395 N just before the Edsall Rd exit. Middle Aged gentleman w/ a beard.

Anyone here?
no idea. But i did finally find out who has the NRA lifer sticker I mentioned before. Had lunch with him a month ago. Member of another forum I won't mention for his privacy's sake. :cool: