• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well it's been one week....

Unfettered Might

imported post

Well it's been one week since I started OC and all has went well without incident. That first day was really the hardest, wondering if the police were going to descend on me as soon as I left a stopping point. I live in Mt Washington so I wasn't sure if either the small town atmosphere was going to lean towards a gun friendly public demeanor or if the first time out was going to be like a hot potato for the local LE. So far, besides a couple glances, most don't seem to care. I have been in 4 stores locally, multiple times and have been as far north as an Autozone in Fern Creek.

I've collected and studied all the KRS regarding OC and have even studied the laws that I have read some LEOs will try to use so I am able to diffuse their reasoning back to the actual intent of the law and not the wording. I've been meaning to get a replacement ink cartridge so as to print out a copy of said KRS, just so I have solid evidence in case of an encounter with a misinformed LEO.

Right now I'm carrying a Ruger New Model Single 6 Magnum, but I am looking to get a Taurus P92 most likely. A friend of mine has one and I like the feel and balance of the firearm but I won't know for sure until I test it at the range. Any Opinions?

All in all I feel more confident every day and will branch out progressively. I think I'll try Shepherdsville next, anyone OC there?

RJHORSE66

imported post

i know what you are sayin, i was kinda nervous when i first starting oc'ing, but now i feel like something is missing if i dont have my taurus on my side ..welcome to the oc'ing world be carefull out there !!and btw i have oc'ed in sheeptown alittle bit like at the dollor store and chevron etc.with no problems, havent been to mt.w yet but i will someday.. :cool:

Statesman

imported post

My first day OCing, I wondered if SWAT would be called in, complete with the mobile command center and automatic rifles. I've seen that thing in action. Cruisers the length of a suburban block pull up beside it, LEO jump out like a "Jack in the Box", and pull out their shotguns/rifles from the trunk.

:what:

So far, I only get a few looks here and there. Nobody really cares, except for some brainwashed corporate department store drones. :banghead:

neuroblades

imported post

I've been open carrying for a little over 2 months now. I carry in Floyd county mainly and between Floyd and Fayette counties, without any trouble thus far. Every store and restaurant I've been in has not even given it the second thought though I've had a curious glances. *LOL*

A close female friend and I walk alot after we get off work late at night. Though it is in a "safe" city setting, we had one small encounter that kind of had her worried, after that little incident, I have been carrying more often and more publicly. In fact, that little incident has shown her that owning and carrying a sidearm is not a bad thing at all, we're preparing for a CCDW class within the next few weeks, hopefully! *S*

It seems asthough that the only people who really get worried about it are those that might have ill-will and bad intents in their hearts. The common law abiding citizen doesn't seem to think a thing about it and usually they seem to have the outlook that with someone in here having a gun, things a less likely to happen. Not one cashier in all the places I've traveled has given me a disapproving glance, in fact everyone one of them seemed more at ease. :)