• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Giuliani Comes to PWC Wednesday, October 28th, 10 a.m.

NOVAConfederate

imported post

This Wednesday, gun grabber Rudy Giuliani will stump for his fellow anti-gun pal, one-gun Bob McDonnell.

I'm taking that morning off and driving down to protest and show my dissapointment at the GOP further alienating gun owners.

I'll be leaving NOVA early that am. If anyone wouldlike to join me let me know. I've got room for a few others in my car.

The information is below:

Wednesday, October 28th, 10 a.m.
The Honorable Rudy Giuliani and The Honorable Jerry Kilgore
Prince William County GOP Officials
Kick off a door to door blitz of Dumfries and Woodbridge by Volunteers for McDonnell/Lopez (HOD 52nd) Victory 2009
Call 571-212-2129 for Information

Eastern Prince William County Victory 2009
McDonnell/Lopez Headquarters
17932 Fraley Boulevard, First Floor
Dumfries, VA 20226
571-502-1300

6L6GC

imported post

other than $$$ I can't for the life of me understand why McDonnell would have that clown coming here to make speeches for him. Why he feels it is advisable to have a world class leftist on his team is rather baffling since he is leading in all the polls so far and by more that the margin of error too.

Perhaps its just good ole boy back slappin, and posturing, etc. But of corse it would make a lot more sense from a campaign manager's point of view if Bob had indicated that someday he may run for the oval office. Rudy's friends have lots of money. Does it always come down to $$$$$$$$.

NOVAConfederate

imported post

And he's got Rudy in Fredericksburg of all places that Wednesday morning for him.

Yet another election where have no one to vote for....

Thundar

imported post

Just when I was getting ready to hold my nose and pull the Republican lever, another gun grabbing Northeast RINO shows up and reminds me why I am a Libertarian.

NOVAConfederate

imported post

Same here.

I'm libertarian (rothbardian style) to the core.

And I will be at Prince William, and possibly Fredericksburg as well, with signs, flyers and a bull horn to let Bob and the GOP know my disgust with them.

Freaking Rudy, a man that says we should have to "pass a written exam to own a gun."

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Please don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

You do have someone to vote for: Bob McDonnell. When you say he is "anti-gun", you rob the term of meaning.For that matter, please don't say Deeds is "anti-gun". I have one major disagreement with him (gun shows) and am concerned about the anti-gun pressure he would face from the White House and national democrats if he were to be elected, but he certainly has a very long history of pro-gun action.

Rudy Giuliani, of course, is no friend of gun owners. You could even call him an enemy of sorts, although we forced him to change his tone a bit when he wanted our vote for Republican nominee. In fact, there are dozens are Democrats in Congress with more positive records on second amendment issues than Giuliani.

Darylvb

imported post

Where have you read that McDonnell is 'anti-gun'? Are you saying you'd rather have Democrat Deeds for govenor?

On a side note: Maybe with McDonnell we can finally get rid of thevehicle property tax that was half way through of being eliminated until we got Govenor Warner who put a stop to it.

nova

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Just when I was getting ready to hold my nose and pull the Republican lever, another gun grabbing Northeast RINO shows up and reminds me why I am a Libertarian.
Well we all saw what happens when people fail to hold their nose, we end up with the far worse of two evils...:banghead::banghead:

NOVAConfederate

imported post

Just learned that Bob McDonnell answered his VCDL "positively."

The VCDL Survey contains a one-gun question.

Knowing what I know about those guys, I'm assuming that means that McDonnell answered the survey 100% Pro Gun.

So no need to go after him anymore, and I guess I'll be voting after all.

Thundar

imported post

Darylvb wrote:
Where have you read that McDonnell is 'anti-gun'? Are you saying you'd rather have Democrat Deeds for govenor?

On a side note: Maybe with McDonnell we can finally get rid of thevehicle property tax that was half way through of being eliminated until we got Govenor Warner who put a stop to it.

Rather have neither. McDonnellused to be a gun grabber, butthe leopardnow supposedly changed his spots.

Deeds is however far worse, supporting the Gun Collector Criminalization Act.

TFred

imported post

I don't have a cite, but from what I remember reading about McDonnell's explanation for the "one gun a month" position change is that the federal background check laws were changed after his initial support for the law, and therfore, that restriction is no longer needed.

If anyone has a link to some source that documents that, please feel free to post it.

TFred

TFred

imported post

TFred wrote:
I don't have a cite, but from what I remember reading about McDonnell's explanation for the "one gun a month" position change is that the federal background check laws were changed after his initial support for the law, and therfore, that restriction is no longer needed.

If anyone has a link to some source that documents that, please feel free to post it.

TFred
I found an article from the Washington Post. This little blurb from the middle of the article sums up the differences between McDonnell and Deeds quite nicely. I've added emphasis as needed to highlight the pertinent text.

TFred

Former Virginia governor L. Douglas Wilder, a Democrat, pointedly declined to endorse Deeds in that campaign [the AG race in 2005 - TFred] because Deeds, as a delegate, had refused to support legislation limiting handgun purchases to no more than one per month -- a measure McDonnell backed.

But both candidates have gravitated closer to positions generally embraced by their party's base.

McDonnell, for example, now says he supports a repeal of the one-a-month law because computerized background checks and other advances make it unnecessary. In an interview last week, McDonnell also said he opposes further regulating gun shows because statistics show only a tiny number of guns used in crimes were obtained at gun shows.

"I'd say it's a little bit of a misnomer to call it a loophole," McDonnell said. "It's really an attempt to regulate private sales."

But McDonnell touted his work with Gov. Timothy M. Kaine (D) in closing a loophole that allowed the Virginia Tech shooter to evade a ban on transferring firearms to someone with serious mental illness.

"I'm very sympathetic to the victims at Virginia Tech," McDonnell said. "The problem that occurred at Virginia Tech had nothing to do with the gun show loophole."

Deeds, who owns several firearms and has hunted since he was a child, said he understands the importance of the Second Amendment and has no interest in working for broader gun controls except for the gun show loophole.

"For me, everything changed on April 16, 2007," Deeds said in an interview Sunday. "As a father, I felt just a need deep down in my soul to respond to their grief somehow."

rebfan

imported post

If you do not vote forMcDonnell it's vote for obama and Deeds. Don't think for one second, that Deeds would not toe the line for the Dems on guns. Look how timmy's attitude changed on guns once he was elected. Deeds will do the same. We will taxed even more, and we will suffer for the next four years. For what? Something McDonnell did 10 years ago?Deeds had a chance to show how gun friendly he was just last year and took the safe road, because he knew he was running for Governor. In other words, he knew he had to kiss up to the anti-gun folks in his party.