• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State of Emergency

SlackwareRobert

imported post

So how does the emergency declaration work now.
The government can't take your gun by law, so how do they work
an arrest? Do they set up an armed wing of the jail for people who
are caught while armed?

sraacke

imported post

soundman33 wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem at all......The state of emergency is for the H1N1 virus (Swine Flu).

Exactly.

This is just a way to free up monies and get things rolling to prepare for innoculations and general health care related for H1N1.

States of Emergency are declared regularly for everything from storms to wildfires. None of this has anything to do with your guns. Take off your tin foil beenie cap, find something good to watch on TV and enjoy a beverage of your choice. Everything is alright.

OpenCarryDefense

imported post

State of Emergency! Nice words to ready a State for emergency supplies...and/or possible enactments like Katrina concerning weapons for defense. I wouldn't worry H1N1 is base objective. But, I would get my physician to supply a few Tamiflu capsules to be protected.
No need to have some agency forcefully make you take an injection for some disease you might not have!
And remember Stand up to your right to have a firearm. Never give up your weapon. No one can make you do this, but they sure can make you think they can with shotguns drawn. Just close your door and be safe.
Have a great weekend

SlackwareRobert

imported post

So the new firearm protection law isn't in effect? What good is a law that
protects the 2a in an emergency if declared emergencies don't matter?
Does the gov need to declare a "This emergency is a covered emergency for the law to apply"?

It just seems that this was the first declared emergency since the new law, and
I was wondering how it was working out. Guess it was just another feel good law,
nothing with teeth.