Thread: No Need for a Gun in a Vehicle

Post imported post

From a city headed up by a MAiG member. Could just as easilybeen a car jacking or worst.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...cc4c03286.html
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Post imported post

That's why I keep my Glock 19 in my trunk. I don't want to be able to defend myself should somebody point a gun at me. Heck, I'll just hand over my money and be on my way. Better yet, I'll hop out of my car and leave it running so he can drive off with it.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

My SC CWP instructor said, "Shoot a carjacker when his hand breaks the plane of the car's window." All of the elements of self-defense are fulfilled.

Post imported post

Flipper wrote:
    From a city headed up by a MAiG member. Could just as easilybeen a car jacking or worst.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...cc4c03286.html
    But, but, she could have hurt someone. :quirky
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Woman, passenger in car robbed at gunpoint on west side
    By CLARE MILLIKEN The Capital Times cmilliken@madison.com | Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 11:00 am

A Madison woman and her passenger were robbed at gunpoint while inside her car Saturday night on the west side, Madison police reported.

According to the police report, a 21-year old Madison woman pulled into the Wexford Ridge parking lot at 11:10 p.m. to pick up a friend. A man with whom the woman was acquainted then entered the car.

A short time later, a man she did not know came up to the car and pointed a gun at the woman and her passenger. The robber took the woman's purse and the passenger's money.
    Sounds like situational awareness failure is a possibility. Hard to tell from the spare details. I wish we could know what happened exactly.

One thing we know for sure: good SA allows identification of a threat and evasive action. And an automobile is a wonderful escape tool.

If a person is bad at situational awareness, bad things can happen to him/her even if armed with a gun.

Post imported post

logan wrote:
    That's why I keep my Glock 19 in my trunk. I don't want to be able to defend myself should somebody point a gun at me. Heck, I'll just hand over my money and be on my way. Better yet, I'll hop out of my car and leave it running so he can drive off with it.
    I hope you will be kind enough to either fill the tank first or at least give them your gas card.
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

opusd2 wrote:
    logan wrote:
    I hope you will be kind enough to either fill the tank first or at least give them your gas card.
    I'll just give him my wallet with my credit cards. I'll even be nice enough to not cancel them and pay them off for him!

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Banned

Post imported post

Hey Logan, what would it cost to get some of those signs made up?

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/img]

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    Hey Logan, what would it cost to get some of those signs made up?

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/img]
    Lol no idea. Not even sure where you would do that. I've only made a few things on photoshop, never actually had anything printed off :P

thinking of printing some of these off, can just buy the business card paper and use my home printer.
    http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsnomoney/

Member of:

McX

Post imported post

Banned

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    Talked to a tire merchant awhile back; He had "raccoon eyes", and bruises all around his neck. Got "near jacked" while sitting at a stop light, in town no less. He got lucky, and got away. But not without taking a beating.
    Was this at the 16th Street and Memorial stop and rob?

McX

Post imported post

No J. I won't identify the guy directly. All I can say is he's out around "Taylor Crossing". I doubt he wants the notariety.

Post imported post

I'd be a bit nervous about firing if all the windows are rolled up. Couldn't that do some ear damage (lots of variables obviously, but the potential for damage is there).

It's probably safer in most circumstances to drive away if possible. I always leave my car in gear if I don't feel safe somewhere.

I don't think most carjackers would shoot at you for driving away - they're more likely to go onto the next person. But, you can't always drive away and it isn't always the best solution. So we need the option to defend.

Banned

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    No J. I won't identify the guy directly. All I can say is he's out around "Taylor Crossing". I doubt he wants the notariety.
    No, I meant was the robbery a car jacking down at the stop and rob? (The corner of Memorial and 16th)

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

I was on the wrong end (is there a right end?) of an attempted car jacking when I was going to high school in Racine. While I was able to stay in my car, and only sustained minor injuries it was by far the most traumatic experience of my life. There are few things I can imagine that would be worse than someone forcefully taking what you have worked so hard to earn.

Geoff