• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you legally own a gun with selective fire?

EM87

imported post

I just realized that my example was wrong. An AR-15 is only semi auto, a variant of the M16 series assault rifles. I assume the AK can be full auto though.

Michigander

imported post

That's a complicated and expensive subject, but it's all over the web. Many people, including myself have described the process of buying NFA weapons many times.

Google something like "NFA weapon registering" or "legal full autos" or anything like that, and you'll get more info on the subject than you can possibly wish to read.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

fill out the ATF forms

pay the $200 tax stamp

Get your CLEO to sign off on the forms or make a "trust" with something like "Will Maker".

oh....and save your penny's cuz it will cost you around $16-$25K for a M16

rudedude

imported post

Isn't the main difference between a AR-15 and a M16.

Just the trigger assembly.

I have looked over the schematics between both.

And have wondered about building up a M16 trigger assembly..

In the event of swapping parts from my AR-15, in the event it becomes legal of course :)

Wouldyou still need to get it blessed ???

Michigander

imported post

If it ever becomes legal, or if you ever get a manufactures license, or if you are eager to commit a felony, or if you become rich and want to get a registered one, a lightning link or DIAS is probably the easiest full auto AR conversion.

T Vance

imported post

I own an AK-47 (semi-automatic), and I have several 40 round magazines for it. I took a video of myself unloading a 40 magazine as fast as I could and was able to do it in just under 10 seconds.

IMO, save your money and just get a semi-automatic.

rudedude

imported post

Thanks..

But with the cost of ammo going up..

I would rather have a supressor.... :)

But in the event conversions become legal for us pee on's, its good to know the options..

Are Suppressors legal ????

wrightme

imported post

Nevada is a "free state," wrt to the subject. In fact, just a week ago, my son and I went to a gun shop and had a nice G-3 .308 in our hands. Until we gave it back since almost $10,000 was more than I desired to spend that day.

Michigander

imported post

Full auto's are legal here too. Just not cans, or switch blades, or sbs's/sbr's, or tasers, or effective pepper spray, or owning a handgun or carrying it in a car without government permission. The cops can be really bad too.:cuss:

mikestilly

imported post

I've spoke to a couple class 3 FFL's in Michigan and it's not as hard as it seems to get a machine gun. Many will work with you on getting setup. I wouldnt even bother getting a CLEO signoff and go straight to setting up a trust which is quick and easy. As for the price yes it's expensive but not all full auto's are $10k. Here are some examples well under $10k

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144567875

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144123206

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144492772

Boy I bet this Thompson would be fun to shoot
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=143973819

office888

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Full auto's are legal here too. Just not cans, or switch blades, or sbs's/sbr's, or tasers, or effective pepper spray, or owning a handgun or carrying it in a car without government permission. The cops can be really bad too.:cuss:
You're a little off.

Curio & Relic Short Barrel Shotguns are legal.

Aka, your sawed off black-powder 10gauge that was made in 1880! Haaah.

God, I want a suppressor for my AR15. AAC has some sweet merch for sale. Think we can get Mike Cox to overturn that ruling? :p

-Richard-

Michigander

imported post

office888 wrote:
You're a little off.

Curio & Relic Short Barrel Shotguns are legal.

Aka, your sawed off black-powder 10gauge that was made in 1880! Haaah.

God, I want a suppressor for my AR15. AAC has some sweet merch for sale. Think we can get Mike Cox to overturn that ruling? :p

-Richard-
Very true. I believe all C and R stuff is Michigan legal.

And about Mike Cox, he hasn't, and unless he does, I won't vote for him. I believe it was the efforts of Bust off from subguns nagging him with letters that got him to write the full auto opinion. Mike doesn't seem too deeply concerned about us.

1245A Defender

imported post

EM87 wrote:
Is there any way to do this, or is semi auto the best I can ever get?

get your AK-47 . for 30$ buy full auto trigger assy. buy the hole drilling guide kit, to convert your reciever, file a slot in same for the auto sear to fit.

if the full auto parts are not in proximity to the rifle, you are not a felon.

put it together and rock n roll! you need a trusted friend to have the bad parts away from the good parts, but be carefull, the batf will try to find your friend and bribe him to testify against you and put you in prison for ever! see "olfson"

"you didnt hear this from me", and ive only read about this, never done this!

if someone in the know ever saw the extra holes in your AK! they would know what you were up to.