• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun in a loom?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

That's quite a compliment, but, no, they're trade items for the natives.

For example, my retired service senior NCO made my first Uff-da marbles board, for which I owe him. Also, sometime this week I must replenish my maple syrup supply - including some to gift Uncle Al Schwartz as my thanks for his essays and particularly for his challenge of GR's EP and 'The Mathematical Impossibility of Compromise.'

Since, another friend, from bicycling, made one from a huge lay-up of curly and birds-eye maple. It's so nice that I'm almost embarrassed to use it here where most play on particle board.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Food for the troll. Please do not feed the troll. Please do not entertain HankTroll

Aww, c'mon Doug. You're always calling me names and making wise guy slams.

Surely, you can take a little ribbing yourself.

BTW, I want to congratulate you on your impending accomplishment.

Soon, very soon you will be a member of the OCDO 7K Club.

Only your pal LEO 229 and Citizen are members of this august group now.

Soon, it will be a triumvirate.....

Great job, Doug!
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Working with a loom is some neat stuff, we have a few people in this area that do textiles. One woman actually raises her own goats and sheep, shears the fleece, washes, cards, dyes, & spins her own yarn for working with her looms.

Me?
I took up sausage making and stained glass work, I would probably bea little thinnerif I did something like spinning or weaving BECUASE YOU DO NOT NEED TO TASTE IT!!