• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Mary's Second Amendment March Town Hall meeting

JSlack7851

imported post

“We are not wanting everyone to be armed, we just want them to have the right,” Maynard said. “We advocate choice here.

This I can't understand, what good is HAVING the right if nobody wants you to EXERCISE the right?

We all have the right to Open carry in Lima, go ahead and try to Exercise it in Lima.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

IxionDeece

imported post

JSlack7851 wrote:
“We are not wanting everyone to be armed, we just want them to have the right,” Maynard said. “We advocate choice here.

This I can't understand, what good is HAVING the right if nobody wants you to EXERCISE the right?

We all have the right to Open carry in Lima, go ahead and try to Exercise it in Lima.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
What he meant by that statement was that we don't want to force every one to be armed, sorta like the backwards of the anti-gunners where the want everone to be unarmed. We just merely want people to have the choice of if they want a gun or not. And if they do not wish to own or carry a gun, then that is their choice, we do not want to force them too. Because then we would be doing basically the same thing as the anti-gunners except the opposite. Just like Maynard said "We advocate choice".

JSlack7851

imported post

Come as you are, armed or not? Just come. I'm good with that, That aspece of thinking never crossed my mind. I seem to remember that the sponsors of the 2A march next year don't want you armed and that bugs me too. Thanks for pointing that out to me. If you don't exercise it,, why have it......? Just my .02$

Jeff

Lthrnck

imported post

Well she didn't misquote me, but my guess is she got edited for space.

What I said was "Most gun-rights people don't advocate everyone be armed, the Anti-gun people say that we advocate that. We feel if you don't feel comfortable with a firearm then please don't get one. But everyone should have the choice."

I went on to explain that some people just can't handle a firearm for whatever reason and they probably shouldn't have one until they get over their fears or get the proper training etc. etc.

We actually talked about 15 minutes on these points so I'm sure she had to edit it down. But over all I didn't think it was a bad article.

Lthrnck

imported post

Jeff,

Also your comment on the sponsors of the 2A March in Washington D.C. on April 19th, 2010, they are following the current laws inplace at the time.

I have spoken with Skip and he wants our politician's to see that the gun-owners of this country know how to follow laws, even when we don't agree with them.

There is going to be an Ohio 2A March in Columbus, OH on April 10th, 2010. I will be there with my sidearm as Ohio allows both Concealed and Open carry. Hope to see you at one or both of those Marches.

JSlack7851

imported post

Also your comment on the sponsors of the 2A March in Washington D.C. on April 19th, 2010, they are following the current laws inplace at the time.

Your right, Now I remember, it was the argument that some wanted to challenge those current laws against the Second Amendment. Civil disobedience is a, usually, expensive, slippery slope to try to transverse, alone.

Hope to see you too.

Lthrnck

imported post

Gets confusing sometime trying to keep all these events straight in my mind. I was at 3 different ones just this last weekend.