• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More reasons to carry in Richmond

curtiswr

imported post

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/SCOTT26_20091026-072201/301681
Richmond robberies investigated
Published: October 26, 2009

Six people were robbed and one car was stolen in two robberies and a carjacking last night and early today in Richmond.

No injuries were reported in any of the incidents, which were being investigated by Richmond police to see if they had any connections.

Police said the first robbery occurred at 8:30 last night in the 1100 block of West Grace Street, near the northwestern tip of Virginia Commonwealth University's main academic campus. Two men were robbed at gunpoint by two suspects who took money and fled on foot.

At 11:20, a man was confronted at gunpoint by two suspects in the 400 block of Westover Hills Boulevard in South Richmond. The suspects took money, his keys and his car.

At 1 a.m., two women and one man were confronted at gunpoint by two men in the 100 block of North Morris Street, near the western edge of the VCU campus. The robbers forced the victims to the ground, took their wallets and fled.

Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.
[line]
Fantastic descriptions. Be sure to be on the lookout... for two suspects and/or two men.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As poor as the descriptions are, they are better than what the Loudon County Kops http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/33284.htmlcame up with: "The suspect is believed to be an unknown male".

It sure is hard to capture the crook if you are not sure if you know who he is or not.:what:

stay safe.

skidmark

essayons

imported post

Not reported in the news, but Friday early morning, someone was yelling and shooting off something in the range of 9mm on N Harvie, about 1 block away from the N Morris robbery.

Called the police... they showed up in about 5 mins, drove down the alley, didn't see anything, then left.

Wondering now if it might be related.

On a somewhat related note, if you have optical sights on any of you HD guns, make sure you check the batteries monthly... if not, as soon as you need them, they will go dead. :banghead:

essayons

imported post

I have 3 sighting systems on my HD shotgun... bead, co-witnessed flashlight, and a holo red-dot.

Having used a similar setup in combat, I can say that the advantages of the red-dot in low-light and awkward firing positions is well worth the hassle of having to change batteries.

That being said, all of my guns will always keep some sort of iron sights as a backup.

AbNo

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Iron sights never need batteries. ;)
+1000 :)
Never knew that Glocks had "iron" sights.

Yata hey
Eh, plastic.

You know, come to think of it, my friend's Bonneville has a plastic intake manifold, instead of a metal one.

The engine is also hydrostatically locked right now, because the plastic manifold melted. ;)