• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arlington, WA 9.48.030 & 9.48.040

Trigger Dr

imported post

My question to her would be..."Why the public comments?It is the law....Foloow it then get it changed if that is what you are after, but until then it is the law, so....Follow it.

Reverend Sin

imported post

If you need any help with this let me know, I am an Arlington resident living one block off main street and I open carry all the time and frequently eat at local restaurants while carrying. I have not thus far had an issue but if there is something I can do to help prevent any future issues I would be more than happy to add my voice and the voice of my roommate and closest friend (both of whom carry in Arlington as well) in support of your cause.

jbone

imported post

Reverend Sin wrote:
If you need any help with this let me know, I am an Arlington resident living one block off main street and I open carry all the time and frequently eat at local restaurants while carrying. I have not thus far had an issue but if there is something I can do to help prevent any future issues I would be more than happy to add my voice and the voice of my roommate and closest friend (both of whom carry in Arlington as well) in support of your cause.
Thanks, If I'm off work that day I'll be going to that meeting.

Reverend Sin

imported post

jbone wrote:
Reverend Sin wrote:
You going to risk the possible misdemeanor by carrying to the meeting?

jbone

imported post

Reverend Sin wrote:
jbone wrote:
Reverend Sin wrote:
You going to risk the possible misdemeanor by carrying to the meeting?
Undecided at this piont.

n16ht5

imported post

If you carry I will. I want to come, I live in arlington too

jbone

imported post

n16ht5 wrote:
If you carry I will. I want to come, I live in arlington too
indeed please show. Carry is your choice!

jbone

imported post

Lets not let Arlrington pull a Snohomish County on us!

jbone

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
When is the Arlington meeting?

Thank you for your recent email to Mayor Larson that she asked me to respond to. As our City Administrator, Allen Johnson, and City Attorney, Steve Peiffle, indicated to you in early November, the City Council is in the process of reviewing the entire Arlington Municipal Code to complete a thorough update. This process began in earnest in September and is expected to conclude in May or June 2010.

Revisions to Title 9 are scheduled to be reviewed by the City Council at their Workshop on Monday, January 11, 2010. If there are no further substantial rewrites requested by the Council, then an ordinance will be prepared and likely adopted at the City Council’s regular February 1, 2010 meeting. The ordinance would go into effect 5 days after publication.

Kristin Banfield

Assistant City Administrator / City Clerk

City of Arlington

kbanfield@arlingtonwa.gov

(360) 403-3444

Cell (425) 754-1728

ADD: Will be at work all day, will try to call and confirm hearing date. Unless anyone with more time on thier hands today can call and post the finding. Thanks.

n16ht5

imported post

I conveniently work. Ill try to squeeze the time to come though.

Mainsail

imported post

What's with the throwing star thing?I see them listed as a weapon in various places. Are throwing stars really that much of a problem? Sheesh. :quirky

Mightybigjosh

imported post

I am going to attend the city council meeting on the 19th if anyone wants to meet up. I will not be carrying at the meeting but if anyone wants to OC out to dinner before, I'm game!

jbone

imported post

Mightybigjosh wrote:
I am going to attend the city council meeting on the 19th if anyone wants to meet up. I will not be carrying at the meeting but if anyone wants to OC out to dinner before, I'm game!
MBJ, where did you get the date of the 19th (Jan, Feb?). Had'nt seen that date mentioned anywhere else yet? I don'twant to miss anything.

Mightybigjosh

imported post

The City of Arlington website has a time change listed on their home page. Due to MLKjr day, their meeting was changed to Tuesday the 19th of January at 7pm

Council Chambers 110 E. 3rd St.
Arlington, WA 98223

Can't tell if it's a restricted area or not, just to be on the safe side, I'll go check it out on sunday.