• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there a former Marine here?

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

There are plenty of ex-military here, a few of them Marines. If you have a legitimate question about PTSD, you should look to a psychologist, not gun-board members.

jbone

imported post

I sent you a PM with a great contact, and glad you asked here where they are plenty of fellow Military to help with vast resources. Military networking is foverever. We take care of ourown and anyone else that requests.

Edit to add: Go Navy!

Tawnos

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
"Is there a former Marine here?"
I thought is was "Once a Marine, always a Marine".
At least that's what Gibbs says.
I was gonna say, if there were a Marine here, they are still a Marine ;). Unless dishonorably discharged...

phoneguy

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
There are plenty of ex-military here, a few of them Marines. If you have a legitimate question about PTSD, you should look to a psychologist, not gun-board members.
Thanks everyone for the info to get help from help centers Thanks for the PMs and kind words. Ed

Harper1227

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
"Is there a former Marine here?"
I thought is was "Once a Marine, always a Marine".
At least that's what Gibbs says.

1. I LOVE Gibbs!

2. it may not be the best place but if they guy is reaching out let him do it however he can. may not be for him. might be worried about a friend and doesn't know where to go. When someone is in need you help them if you can, if you can't let someone else do it. it may be off topic but in a case where it may end up being a genuine help to one of our service members. it shouldn't be an issue

phoneguy

imported post

I have been getting allot of support phone calls and making calls and learning.
My son will have this week end off so I will go down to Vancouver WA.
I am sure it will be to early for a meet but I like to meet a few OCs from the Vancouver Portland area. This will be emergency run for me so that is why so short notice. As the week progresses I will have more facts to help him.

TheMrMitch

imported post

No. The Marine in me still shows. I AM MARINE.:dude:

Any Marine will tell you: "You May Leave The Corps, But The Corps Never Leaves You".

How many here made lt through Parris Island? And in 1959?:p

The_Gunny

imported post

Yep another Marine here. PM if you want. I am in the Spokane area and have had very positive experiences in dealing with the VA here.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Former FMF Corpsman here. Spent a day or two with them. If I remember correctly there is only ONE EX Marine, his last name is Oswald.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Jarhead is a marine also, but he might have you all running around with inflatable sheep.

That was one of the funniest stories I heard.

Hope everything works out for the best I am dealing with some family members who have some extreme versions of these and trying to get them help or to want help can be very difficult sometime.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
SNIP How many here made lt through Parris Island? And in 1959?:p
Good heavens! I had no idea you were that...um...experienced in life. Now, I have to act all respectful and everything.

1959-1963? Wasn'tthat, like, beforeWorld War II? What was it like serving under Smedley Butler? :)

TheMrMitch

imported post

HehHeh. General "Chesty" Puller wanted to put beer dispensers in the mess halls.He retired before I started boot. But we adored him. Forgot who was Commadant when I was in......NOT Korea or WWll.

:D

Was on the USS Spiegel Grove LSD 32 in the cuban blockade of Russian ships in 1962. We "invaded" Myrtle Beach when it was over.

Qualified on the M1 Garand and BAR. Got stuck with a BAR on a long march.:dude:

June of 50 years ago.

Bigpic.jpg

SpokaneIrish

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
If you retire from the Marines, you are a retired Marine. No longer active. That's what "Former" means. The technicality crap is stupid.
Not a technicality. You call someone who was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps, retired or otherwise, "a Marine". If you are not a Marine, you call him Sir.