• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Laguna Beach / Orange County - Open Carry Meet

wolfeinstein

imported post

This is awesome i live about 10-15 min from Laguna Beach, Since i missed you guys at the Temecula OC i won't miss this one.
Finally OC cops get a chance to get educated about Open Carry!

See you guys there!

chewy352

imported post

I will be there as well. However I need to be back in San Diego in the afternoon so I will have to leave early.

A ECNALG

imported post

After browsing the two threads carrying discussion of this event, I'm guessing at 10-11 people who are planning on attending.

Outstanding !

While we will certainly have plenty ofopportunity to discuss the day's agenda during breakfast, may I simply suggest at this time that with aturnout of this size, wegive serious thought tobreaking up into two smaller groups. Groups of 5-6, each with one dedicated non-carrying videographer,are much more manageable, and less provocative to the uninformed public (and LE?), than a single "mob" of UOC'ers.

Cell phone numbers can be exchanged, or FRS/GMRS radios employed, for comm between the groups.

As I have already done Encinitas and Oceanside group events, I would be quite happy to act as a videographer.

Anyway, just my two cents.

wewd

imported post

I sent PM's out to everyone who said they were coming to the meet. If anyone didn't get the PM, post in this thread and I'll send it out again. I tried the multiple recipients feature but I don't know how reliable it is.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

wewd

imported post

National Weather Service forecast for tomorrow:

Laguna Beach, CA
Saturday - Partly cloudy in the morning...becoming mostly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs 63 to 68 near the coast to 68 to 73 inland. Light winds.

If you wear a jacket, make sure it does not cover the firearm or your loaded magazines. See you all there.

coolusername2007

imported post

There was about a dozen people, we had a great time, the beach location was really nice. I enjoyed meeting you all there. Nick's was really good, they have excellent service I highly recommend them. All in all a great meetup. The local LE office was notified the day before that we would be in the area andthey choose to leave usalone, just as the Constitution intended. My hat's off to them for their professionalism and respect of our 2A rights.

greengum

imported post

Alexis and I had a great time. The food at Nick's was very good. I will say that I haven't walked that much since I was in High School!!