• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Halloween Carry!

ClumsyCandy

imported post

So out of curiosity, how many of you are planning on dressing up for Halloween, and how (if) do you plan on carrying? My costume will not allow for me to carry so I'm curious as to what others are doing!

darthmord

imported post

Got a friend who is dressing up as Agent 47 from the Hitman series. He's planning on picking up some toy / replica firearms on the cheap to finish off his costume.

Me? I'm probably dressing up as a Jedi. Got my Force FX lightsaber too. For the office costume party (being held on Thursday), I'm thinking of dressing up in authentic / period correct Roman garb which includes the tunica, toga, and sandals.

(Yes, I play in the SCA)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If the weather holds clear, I'm going to put a light bulb by the door and set up my outdoor chair, small table and Trick-or-Treat stuff, which will be the 12-guage sxs, cleaning rod and some patches.

Are rock salt loads legal? If not, I'll stick with Dragon's Breath.:uhoh:

I've done this for a few years. Strange thing - I get no teens in saggy pants begging for candy. I see them roaming the streets, but none ever come up to the door.:?

stay safe.

skidmark

Harper1227

imported post

Carriedlast year, maybe i can find the pic, and will again this year but I don't typically dress up anymore Just take the kids. I bring along my Sig 239. Don't think anyone even noticed last year.

I didn't block my face because I'm shy, just vain. It's a horrible picture. :p

eddyys

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Last year, I went as a nun (yes it was a good laugh! :) )

and the Good Sister had a Glock 23 under her frock!
I can see the headline now, "Would Be Robber Shot Down By Nun". Epic.

doug23838

imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Don't make a habit of doing it again.

:celebratecouldn't resist.

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
Careful that you don't wear a mask that disquises your "true identity" while carrying.
Here's the applicable code. There's an exemption for holiday garb.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-422

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.
It shall be unlawful for any person over sixteen years of age while wearing any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device. The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.
(Code 1950, §§ 18.1-364, 18.1-367; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1986, c. 19.)

Wangmuf

imported post

nova wrote:
ed wrote:
Careful that you don't wear a mask that disquises your "true identity" while carrying.
Here's the applicable code. There's an exemption for holiday garb.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-422

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.
It shall be unlawful for any person over sixteen years of age while wearing any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device. The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.
(Code 1950, §§ 18.1-364, 18.1-367; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1986, c. 19.)
So I CAN be a modern-day lone-ranger, complete with eye/nose mask and a broomstick horse! SWEET!

curtiswr

imported post

seanconnery.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Don't make a habit of doing it again.

:celebratecouldn't resist.
That joke was nun too funny Doug. :)

Get ye both to a punnery. :):p

For myself, I am nunplussed at such antics.

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Oh no! I've created a monster! LOL Thanks for all your responses guys and gals! I am actually rethinking my costume choice so that I can integrate my weapon into it : )

Flowmaster

imported post

i'm going as a redneck hunter. dirty wifebeater-style undershirt, hillbilly teeth, trucker cap, and shotgun. the sling is also a bandolier so i'll have that full.