• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Halloween Carry!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Yep, I'll be dressed like the swamp thing...just like I am every year on the opening day of muzzleloader seaon.

Radiation has made me the enemy of mankind...aaaih!

huntme.jpg

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Y'all gave me some ideas... hehehehheheh

I think I'll put on some BDU's &facepaint; sit in a folding chair in the front yard with my AK and hand out candy.

:idea:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:

I think I'll put on some BDU's &facepaint; sit in a folding chair in the front yard with my AK and hand out candy.

Use a ML and just shoot it out in the street :lol:

Riana

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:

:lol:We will require photographic proof.

I am going to be doing to handing-out of goodies - hubby will cruise the neighborhood with the boy. Before dark, though, we're going to a cul-de-sac party up the street, and if it's not raining, I *might* do a cowgirl costume with my K-frame, a leather Western wrap skirt, and whatever other cowboy-motif stuff I can find. Can't do that if it's raining, though - water no good with sueded leather, ya know - so if it's wet out, I'll just conceal my Ladysmith. But yes, I intend to carry.

Hendu024

imported post

Flowmaster wrote:
i'm going as a redneck hunter. dirty wifebeater-style undershirt, hillbilly teeth, trucker cap, and shotgun. the sling is also a bandolier so i'll have that full.
hahaha so am I! Except I'll be integrating a fair amount of hunter orange into the costume. Now for the real question... Real shotgun or fake one? :p

vt800c

imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
Flowmaster wrote:
i'm going as a redneck hunter. dirty wifebeater-style undershirt, hillbilly teeth, trucker cap, and shotgun. the sling is also a bandolier so i'll have that full.
hahaha so am I! Except I'll be integrating a fair amount of hunter orange into the costume. Now for the real question... Real shotgun or fake one? :p
It's Virginia. If you have to ask, I think you missed the point.:p

vt800c

imported post

skidmark wrote:
If the weather holds clear, I'm going to put a light bulb by the door and set up my outdoor chair, small table and Trick-or-Treat stuff, which will be the 12-guage sxs, cleaning rod and some patches.

ok..not a 12-gauge, but maybe my Ruger Single Six revolver (.22 mags a FUN toy!) anyway...is this alright from a legal standpoint? my brains says it must be, as this is Virginia and I'm on the front of my own residence...(and my firearms DO need a good cleaning, maybe even a bit of fluff and buff on the mouse)

but I'm having doubts.... am I a closet :uhoh:?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

When the kids were little, I OCd w/shoulder rig. Couple of neighbors ask me if it was real - Duh, yeah. Response was frequently that nobody will steal their candy I guess. :D

Yata hey

Harper1227

imported post

vt800c wrote:
skidmark wrote:
If the weather holds clear, I'm going to put a light bulb by the door and set up my outdoor chair, small table and Trick-or-Treat stuff, which will be the 12-guage sxs, cleaning rod and some patches.

ok..not a 12-gauge, but maybe my Ruger Single Six revolver (.22 mags a FUN toy!) anyway...is this alright from a legal standpoint? my brains says it must be, as this is Virginia and I'm on the front of my own residence...(and my firearms DO need a good cleaning, maybe even a bit of fluff and buff on the mouse)

but I'm having doubts.... am I a closet :uhoh:?

legal doesnt mean the cops won't be called and show up with the 'what were you thinkin" attitude.

doesnt mean you're a closet anything, just cautious and i don't think many would blame ya.

if you do, i would advise having a digital recorder on hand.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Riana wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

I am going to be doing to handing-out of goodies - hubby will cruise the neighborhood with the boy. Before dark, though, we're going to a cul-de-sac party up the street, and if it's not raining, I *might* do a cowgirl costume with my K-frame, a leather Western wrap skirt, and whatever other cowboy-motif stuff I can find. Can't do that if it's raining, though - water no good with sueded leather, ya know - so if it's wet out, I'll just conceal my Ladysmith. But yes, I intend to carry.
Ain't you ever heard of a rain slicker?

Riana

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Riana wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

Ain't you ever heard of a rain slicker?
Heard of one? Yes. Own one long enough to fully cover my skirt? No.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

Halloween night I'll hopefully be playing a butcher since Halloween day I'll be dressed similarly to peter nap and for the same reasons.

To answer the obvious question though, I will be carrying all day, .45 in a holster, .50 on a sling. Don't try to steal my candy :dude:

zoom6zoom

imported post

Citizen wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Last year, I went as a nun (yes it was a good laugh! :) )

and the Good Sister had a Glock 23 under her frock!

Don't make a habit of doing it again.

:celebratecouldn't resist.
That joke was nun too funny Doug. :)

Get ye both to a punnery. :):p

For myself, I am nunplussed at such antics.
He probably could have come up with a better one but was priest for time.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Citizen wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

ENOUGH! Some people have WAY too much time on their hands...

darthmord

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Citizen wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

If he was, then he should have asked one of the Sisters or the Father.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

darthmord wrote:
zoom6zoom wrote:
Citizen wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

If he was, then he should have asked one of the Sisters or the Father.
He doesn't want nun and can't get nun because he doesn't give a good frock. Pew.

Yata hey

Harper1227

imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
So out of curiosity, how many of you are planning on dressing up for Halloween, and how (if) do you plan on carrying? My costume will not allow for me to carry so I'm curious as to what others are doing!

if you're having trouble carryingwithyour costume maybe you should try a different one. :lol:

maybe we can convince grapeshot?? :what::celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
if you're having trouble carryingwithyour costume maybe you should try a different one. :lol:
maybe we can convince grapeshot?? :what::celebrate
Leather belt and handcuffs ......... hmmmm! :lol:

Yata hey