• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PM system is screwy...

usaf0906

imported post

i got 3. After calling Homeland Security and the FBI, I was informed there was nothing they could do about it.

Hope the event goes well.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Statesman wrote:
My offer to the forum admins to purchase a perma-license of vBulletin, as well as their new blogging software still stands. I don't like this forum software at all.

http://www.vbulletin.com/

How much is a vBulletin perma-license, Statesman?

What would the conversion/backup costs be--any idea?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I got 'em too! lol Apparently you just sent 3 to everyone on the forum haha.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I guess the question is whether everybody else's PMs are being copied around the entire forum.

I actually like this forum format. The software is buggy sometimes; but I really like the easy-to-read format over vBulletin.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
I guess the question is whether everybody else's PMs are being copied around the entire forum.

I actually like this forum format. The software is buggy sometimes; but I really like the easy-to-read format over vBulletin.
I agree. This has been my favorite forum to chat on. I often find myself on other forums thinking "dangit, why isn't it like ocdo!" lol.

wrightme

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Citizen wrote:

I agree. This has been my favorite forum to chat on. I often find myself on other forums thinking "dangit, why isn't it like ocdo!" lol.
I frequently find myself wishing for this forum to have a useful "quote" function.......

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Indeed I think it's related to 2,4,5A defender... as he was on the list...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Hey, everybody!

Send a PM to:

2, 4, 5 A defender

just to say, hi, or good morning or something.

And let's see what happens....

:p

1245A Defender

imported post

wrightme wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Toss him by the side of the road! :D
Prolem solbed.

I dont know what to say, when i signed up for this forum i never thought that the structure of the username could lead to so much trouble! sure wasnt on purpose.

ive gotten word from time to time that others got my PMs, but just figured it was a soft ware problem.

now it sounds like it might be a good time to change my name to,

"1245A Defender"

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
I dont know what to say, when i signed up for this forum i never thought that the structure of the username could lead to so much trouble! sure wasnt on purpose.

ive gotten word from time to time that others got my PMs, but just figured it was a soft ware problem.

now it sounds like it might be a good time to change my name to,

"1245A Defender"
If you want that done, just let me know.

John

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
HankT wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Hey, everybody!

Send a PM to:

2, 4, 5 A defender

just to say, hi, or good morning or something.

And let's see what happens....

:p
mornin hank PM sent

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2009-10-28 08:16:39
Subject: re defender

hi hank, hows your morning going? can i change my old name to a new one or do i just gotta start over again? write back soon bob

Hey 2! Got your above shown PM. My morning has been OK so far. I'm enjoying some of the posts on OCDO and drinking some coffee. Hope your morning is going OK.

I'm too afraid to reply via the PM system. I don't want to be kicked for spamming or some dman thing....

You cannot change your user ID yourself. You need to PM jpierce or Mike and ask them to do it. It ought to be interesting if they reply to your PM....

You could also just re-register under a new ID. But then your previous posts wouldn't be connected to your new ID.

Commas......very important. Can be critical. Look at all the trouble the commas caused in 2A....

Talk to you later, 2. Have a great day.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Statesman wrote:
My offer to the forum admins to purchase a perma-license of vBulletin, as well as their new blogging software still stands. I don't like this forum software at all.

http://www.vbulletin.com/
That is a very generous offer (the first time and now)! Hmmm .....