Thread: Apartmnet Complexes

Post imported post

I saw my first fellow OCer yesterday!:celebrate looked like a smaller 1911 at 3 o clock, i was walking the dog so i was unable to talk to the guy. it was at Emerald court apartments on redwood....was it anyone here???

Anyway it made me curious, has anyone had any encounters with Apartment Complexes good or bad? i would assume it is private property and if they do not have to allow it.. am i correct in this assumption?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

younggun20 wrote:
    I saw my first fellow OCer yesterday!:celebrate looked like a smaller 1911 at 3 o clock, i was walking the dog so i was unable to talk to the guy. it was at Emerald court apartments on redwood....was it anyone here???

Anyway it made me curious, has anyone had any encounters with Apartment Complexes good or bad? i would assume it is private property and if they do not have to allow it.. am i correct in this assumption?
    I've never had a problem in my apartments. There is nothing that I'm aware of that stops them from restricting carry outside your apartment. However I doubt many would since they are not allowed to restrict in the apartment.
    If a manager decided to say no guns outside the apartment or something similar, you could always cite the code that allows carry at a place of residence and bluff your way through saying it applies to the common areas as well since there is no way to get to and from your apartment without using common areas.