Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no guns at foodlion

Post imported post

hey yall been lurking for awhile. decided to make this my first post.last night ran out and stopped at foodlion at bridneck for a quick item and at the etrance a giant NO FIREARMS sign. contacted the manger today to address my concern. she wasnt trying to hear what i had to say. from now on i will be shopping at kroger and farm fresh.

Post imported post

beachpatriot13 wrote:
    hey yall been lurking for awhile. decided to make this my first post.last night ran out and stopped at foodlion at bridneck for a quick item and at the etrance a giant NO FIREARMS sign. contacted the manger today to address my concern. she wasnt trying to hear what i had to say. from now on i will be shopping at kroger and farm fresh.
    I have not seen any of these signs at the Hampton location I go to, so it may not be a corporate policy. I would contact corporate and see where they stand with this.

Post imported post

i havnt seen any signs at other locations. i contacted corporate as well and they told me that it was their policy no weapons.

Post imported post

I haven't seen signs at any Foodlion I been to. Maybe a miss-interpretation of employee policy.HaveCorporate Headquarters send policy in writing. Also let them know you will be listing thier policy on gun forum.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    I haven't seen signs at any Foodlion I been to. Maybe a miss-interpretation of employee policy. Check with Corporate Headquarters.
    check post above

Post imported post

beachpatriot13 wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:
    I haven't seen signs at any Foodlion I been to. Maybe a miss-interpretation of employee policy. Check with Corporate Headquarters.
    check post above
    miss typed changed my post.

Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    I haven't seen signs at any Foodlion I been to. Maybe a miss-interpretation of employee policy.HaveCorporate Headquarters send policy in writing. Also let them know you will be listing thier policy on gun forum.
    already did they said they might be contacting me

Post imported post

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

Post imported post

beachpatriot13 wrote:
    i havnt seen any signs at other locations. i contacted corporate as well and they told me that it was their policy no weapons.
    Really? I live in P-Town...in Churcland...and there are 2 Food Lions and one Bottom Dollar (owned and operated by Food Lion,) by my house...I'vecarried in all 3 of them, even with an armed security guard standing at the door at Bottom Dollar (and I KNOW he saw my 1911)...not a word from anybody...not a sign anywhere.

Post imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
    beachpatriot13 wrote:
    Really? I live in P-Town...in Churcland...and there are 2 Food Lions and one Bottom Dollar (owned and operated by Food Lion,) by my house...I'vecarried in all 3 of them, even with an armed security guard standing at the door at Bottom Dollar (and I KNOW he saw my 1911)...not a word from anybody...not a sign anywhere.
    Why does a supermarket need an armed security guard???
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

I've never had any issues at Food Lion before. That is weird:?

Post imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
    fully_armed_biker wrote:
    beachpatriot13 wrote:
    The store is on a street that is the entrance to a seedyapartment complex...it's been robbed a few times....in the 5+ years we've lived in our house, there have been about a dozen shootings there(including at least 3 murders)...and the day before we closed on our house, a woman in our neighborhoodwas followed home from the store (then, a Food Lion)and when she pulled into her driveway, he blocked her in, jumped out, and pulled a gun...then she pulled hers !!! She fired twice as he tried to jump back into his car...he drove off, never did hear anything about it afterwards...they knew he was hit because of the amount of bloodin the driveway.

+100 for the good guys...or good girls in this case! :celebrate

Post imported post

I OC in the Food Lion in Gloucester a few times a week, no problems or stares, just friendly service most of the time.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:

Double coupon days
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ive carried at this foodlion multiple times with out incondent and never a sign. they have a armed security gaurd who has given me the nod of approval when entering

Post imported post

*****UPDATE***

with the aid of maverick2694i got intouch with the right people at foodlion.the loss perventionsuperviortold me that it is foodlions policy to abide by all state/local laws. He said that he will be making a phone call to have the sign removed and said it should be gone within ten days.:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

That's a relief! While I prefer to shop at Farm Fresh, Kroger, or Harris Teeter....the 2 Food Lions and Bottom Dollar are closer than any of the aforementioned...makes it much easier to run out to pick up one or two things I've forgotten when I go to make dinner.

Post imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
    That's a relief! While I prefer to shop at Farm Fresh, Kroger, or Harris Teeter....the 2 Food Lions and Bottom Dollar are closer than any of the aforementioned...makes it much easier to run out to pick up one or two things I've forgotten when I go to make dinner.
    +1 on that

Post imported post

Good thing too nearest supermarket other than Foodlion is 60 miles away. Unless you count the small mom & pop store 20 miles away.

Post imported post

Good job! Now not only did you get the sign removed you now also know that corporate supports your right to carry in their stores. Sometimes you are allowed, sometimes you just get away with it. Looks like Food Lion is allowing you to carry there. Hopefully the store management cooperates....

Post imported post

Glad they are going to remove the sign! I carry in the Foodlion on Staples Mill all the time... No issues.

Post imported post

I OC almost everyday at the Salem Lakes Food Lion. I've never had any problem (3 years so far), even when the manager obviously noticed.:what:

They've never had a sign posted either.

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

beachpatriot13 wrote:
    Wow that's strange, but I rarely shop at our Food Lion since their organic selection is minimal, not to mention Kroger beats them in price on all their organic brands. I'll have to go look at ours to see if they have an idiot sign.

Post imported post

beachpatriot/maverick:

Thanks for taking the initiative to get this fixed.

Individual actions like this solidify the rights for all.

Post imported post

beachpatriot13 wrote:
    *****UPDATE***

with the aid of maverick2694i got intouch with the right people at foodlion.the loss perventionsuperviortold me that it is foodlions policy to abide by all state/local laws. He said that he will be making a phone call to have the sign removed and said it should be gone within ten days.:celebrate:celebrate
    WAY TO GO! that's the whole point isn't it. Taking action and seeing things happen. Congratulations to you, and thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast