• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

no guns at foodlion

beachpatriot13

imported post

hey yall been lurking for awhile. decided to make this my first post.last night ran out and stopped at foodlion at bridneck for a quick item and at the etrance a giant NO FIREARMS sign:cuss:. contacted the manger today to address my concern. she wasnt trying to hear what i had to say. from now on i will be shopping at kroger and farm fresh.

usaf0906

imported post

beachpatriot13 wrote:
hey yall been lurking for awhile. decided to make this my first post.last night ran out and stopped at foodlion at bridneck for a quick item and at the etrance a giant NO FIREARMS sign:cuss:. contacted the manger today to address my concern. she wasnt trying to hear what i had to say. from now on i will be shopping at kroger and farm fresh.
I have not seen any of these signs at the Hampton location I go to, so it may not be a corporate policy. I would contact corporate and see where they stand with this.

beachpatriot13

imported post

i havnt seen any signs at other locations. i contacted corporate as well and they told me that it was their policy no weapons.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

I haven't seen signs at any Foodlion I been to. Maybe a miss-interpretation of employee policy.HaveCorporate Headquarters send policy in writing. Also let them know you will be listing thier policy on gun forum.

beachpatriot13

imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
I haven't seen signs at any Foodlion I been to. Maybe a miss-interpretation of employee policy.HaveCorporate Headquarters send policy in writing. Also let them know you will be listing thier policy on gun forum.
already did they said they might be contacting me

fully_armed_biker

imported post

beachpatriot13 wrote:
i havnt seen any signs at other locations. i contacted corporate as well and they told me that it was their policy no weapons.
Really? I live in P-Town...in Churcland...and there are 2 Food Lions and one Bottom Dollar (owned and operated by Food Lion,) by my house...I'vecarried in all 3 of them, even with an armed security guard standing at the door at Bottom Dollar (and I KNOW he saw my 1911)...not a word from anybody...not a sign anywhere.

mrjam2jab

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
beachpatriot13 wrote:
Really? I live in P-Town...in Churcland...and there are 2 Food Lions and one Bottom Dollar (owned and operated by Food Lion,) by my house...I'vecarried in all 3 of them, even with an armed security guard standing at the door at Bottom Dollar (and I KNOW he saw my 1911)...not a word from anybody...not a sign anywhere.

Why does a supermarket need an armed security guard???

fully_armed_biker

imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
beachpatriot13 wrote:

Why does a supermarket need an armed security guard???
The store is on a street that is the entrance to a seedyapartment complex...it's been robbed a few times....in the 5+ years we've lived in our house, there have been about a dozen shootings there(including at least 3 murders)...and the day before we closed on our house, a woman in our neighborhoodwas followed home from the store (then, a Food Lion)and when she pulled into her driveway, he blocked her in, jumped out, and pulled a gun...then she pulled hers :D!!! She fired twice as he tried to jump back into his car...he drove off, never did hear anything about it afterwards...they knew he was hit because of the amount of bloodin the driveway.

+100 for the good guys...or good girls in this case! :celebrate

beachpatriot13

imported post

ive carried at this foodlion multiple times with out incondent and never a sign. they have a armed security gaurd who has given me the nod of approval when entering

beachpatriot13

imported post

*****UPDATE***

with the aid of maverick2694i got intouch with the right people at foodlion.the loss perventionsuperviortold me that it is foodlions policy to abide by all state/local laws. He said that he will be making a phone call to have the sign removed and said it should be gone within ten days.:celebrate:celebrate

fully_armed_biker

imported post

That's a relief! While I prefer to shop at Farm Fresh, Kroger, or Harris Teeter....the 2 Food Lions and Bottom Dollar are closer than any of the aforementioned...makes it much easier to run out to pick up one or two things I've forgotten when I go to make dinner.

beachpatriot13

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
That's a relief! While I prefer to shop at Farm Fresh, Kroger, or Harris Teeter....the 2 Food Lions and Bottom Dollar are closer than any of the aforementioned...makes it much easier to run out to pick up one or two things I've forgotten when I go to make dinner.
+1 on that

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Good thing too nearest supermarket other than Foodlion is 60 miles away. Unless you count the small mom & pop store 20 miles away.

:banghead:

richarcm

imported post

Good job! Now not only did you get the sign removed you now also know that corporate supports your right to carry in their stores. Sometimes you are allowed, sometimes you just get away with it. Looks like Food Lion is allowing you to carry there. Hopefully the store management cooperates....