• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad experience at double action

jeremy05

imported post

marshaul wrote:
So f'in what? Just put a big sign on the door, "DO NOT HANDLE WEAPONS WITHOUT EMPLOYEE PERMISSION".

:lol:just like criminals obey a gun free zone,idiots obey do not handle weapons in store sign.

Although it would be a good idea to have a sign, so at least you can yell at them for not seeing the sign.

autosurgeon

imported post

I don't think this is as big a deal as people think... most of the people that OC are hyper aware of proper handling and would never draw in a store of any kind except to defend themselves or another...

eastmeyers

imported post

I hate DA. I went up their to shoot with my female friend that was taking her CCW class the next day. I also took my girlfriend (because my friend would be more comfortable learning from a girl), who trains with the Southfeild PD. They demanded my girlfriends ID, even though I brought my own firarms. I informed them that she was oldenough to carry a gun let alone shoot one, and that their isn't an age limit to shooting with a personaly owned weapon. They said "ID". So I said, "see you at Target Sports" and walked out.

jeremy05

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
I hate DA. I went up their to shoot with my female friend that was taking her CCW class the next day. I also took my girlfriend (because my friend would be more comfortable learning from a girl), who trains with the Southfeild PD. They demanded my girlfriends ID, even though I brought my own firarms. I informed them that she was oldenough to carry a gun let alone shoot one, and that their isn't an age limit to shooting with a personaly owned weapon. They said "ID". So I said, "see you at Target Sports" and walked out.
I hate to sound like im defending them, but its their store policy im assuming. Gun stores have a lot of problems with people messing up the range, haveing a id can help in I dunno some sort of way to get their money damages. :?

eastmeyers

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
I hate to sound like im defending them, but its their store policy im assuming. Gun stores have a lot of problems with people messing up the range, haveing a id can help in I dunno some sort of way to get their money damages. :?
They have never asked me before, shot their on SEVRAL occations. Plus they didn't ask for anyone elses, just hers.

malignity

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Scott then proceeded to say "You just try to open carry in here and you will have 3 or 4 guns pointed on you at once"

Anyone wanna try this? Could sue the whole @#$%ing store for brandishing. You can't point a gun at someone even in a private business unless you feel your life is threatened, and by golly, a holstered firearm ain't a threat.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

malignity wrote:
Generaldet wrote:
Scott then proceeded to say "You just try to open carry in here and you will have 3 or 4 guns pointed on you at once"

Anyone wanna try this? Could sue the whole @#$%ing store for brandishing. You can't point a gun at someone even in a private business unless you feel your life is threatened, and by golly, a holstered firearm ain't a threat.

It wouldn't be brandishing, it would be felonous assult.

Also, you really shouldn't be posting about trying to get someone to sue you over OC.

That is one of the biggest problems LEO have with us is they think we are daring them in the hopes that they mess up and we can sue.

malignity

imported post

I don't OC unless it's at an OC picnic. I'm just pointing out the fact that if they're going to make threats like that, they deserve to be challenged. As far as 'mess ups' go with PD's, if we wanted a 'free lawsuit' so to say, all we have to do is OC in Warren. :quirky It seems every single week I read in the Macomb Daily one more 'what the @#$% were they thinking' story involving Warren PD in the paper. Kind of embarrassing, being a Warren resident if you ask me.

mikestilly

imported post

malignity wrote:
I don't OC unless it's at an OC picnic. I'm just pointing out the fact that if they're going to make threats like that, they deserve to be challenged. As far as 'mess ups' go with PD's, if we wanted a 'free lawsuit' so to say, all we have to do is OC in Warren. :quirky It seems every single week I read in the Macomb Daily one more 'what the @#$% were they thinking' story involving Warren PD in the paper. Kind of embarrassing, being a Warren resident if you ask me.

Anyone up for the challenge? Bring video would be an interesting post up on Youtube :)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I'm very tempted to go in there now and open carry an do some window shopping. If they point pistols on me i'll call the police. Would make for an interesting youtube video. Keep in mind these pretentious a..holes all open carry. Talk about f'n hypacrits.

In this specific situation, yours is a really, really foolish and really, really dangerous method of thinking.

They sound like a bunch of jerks, based on the OP's description, that's for sure. But your idea is probably worse than their neophobia. You sound like a loose cannon.

dougwg wrote:
Remember people, we're not doing this to piss people off. We want to gently persuade them to become OC friendly.

This is a very reasonable position.

_DK_

imported post

DA is fairly waffley(a word?) on OC, I have OC'd there on more than one occasion. I usualy get the question, are you a LEO? I say so no. I have my CPL, but I just dont care if its covered or not... 2 different guys told me it was illegal to OC but they didnt care if I did in the store, but If i went outside Madison htgs PD would give me @#$%... I'm just a big teddy bear type, LOL... I just look scary to normal folk... Hoodrats have more balls, so I OC when walkin that dog to keep the hoodrats away

previously when I was looking for a holster the one biker looking guy helped me out, I had my gun in my case as I didnt have a holster yet, he asked me if my gun was loaded... when he took it out to see if he could find one with a good fit. I just wanted something cheap... I ended up not buying one and went with a CB supertuck(which I recently cut up... too much excess leather for my fatass to draw it right, I found that out quickly in an MDFI class.

I think its pretty much how they feel on the days in question.

I've since moved to Peters for my range time, yeah its aittle dirty, but its 10 minutes away and I can use controlled rapid fire shots... and its only 10.50 an hour

MrBfromD

imported post

_DK_ wrote:
DA is fairly waffley(a word?) on OC, I have OC'd there on more than one occasion. I usualy get the question, are you a LEO? I say so no. I have my CPL, but I just dont care if its covered or not... 2 different guys told me it was illegal to OC but they didnt care if I did in the store, but If i went outside Madison htgs PD would give me @#$%...  I'm just a big teddy bear type, LOL... I just look scary to normal folk... Hoodrats have more balls, so I OC when walkin that dog to keep the hoodrats away

previously when I was looking for a holster the one biker looking guy helped me out, I had my gun in my case as I didnt have a holster yet, he asked me if my gun was loaded... when he took it out to see if he could find one with a good fit. I just wanted something cheap... I ended up not buying one and went with a CB supertuck(which I recently cut up... too much excess leather for my fatass to draw it right, I found that out quickly in an MDFI class.

I think its pretty much how they feel on the days in question.

I've since moved to Peters for my range time, yeah its aittle dirty, but its 10 minutes away and I can use controlled rapid fire shots... and its only 10.50 an hour

Peters is great, once you get past the ventilation. The price is right and the staff is friendly, not to mention they also have somewhat competitive shooting on thursdays. Good so see someone else on here that goes there.

malignity

imported post

I've been in the process of writing both Target Sports and Double Action about this, and how there are plenty of OC friendly gun stores in MI that we have no problem giving business to. I haven't sent the letters out yet because I want someone to proof read them. If anyone is interested, PM me.

polishnightmare

imported post

I would have to say having been to both DA and Target Sports that they both suck. DA for the crappy customer service and way over priced range time. Target sports for the crappy service and signs that say don't ask to look at unless you are buying. Both are overpriced. I would look at Michigun for purchases (Good customer service)and firelining for range time.

M

McX

imported post

So the kid says to you:Just try to Open Carry in here, and there will be 3 to 4 guns pointing at you? Kinda sounds like a threat to me. Might want to contact the BBB.
Personally; I would have said in a very low voice, you ever draw a weapon on me you little p***k and that will be the last thing you do.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Have to share this quick story with everyone.

I went in to double action in Madison heights last week. A friend of mine was looking to make a purchase. While there I took the opportunity to ask if they would be willing to put up a 2Am March donation jar ( I brought one with me just in case). I politely introduced myself and said that I was with MOC. I couldn't help but notice him trying to hide the disgusted look on his face. I went on to tell him about the 2A March and ask about the donation jar. Mind you the whole time the owner is standing right next to him. The first thing that, I believe his name was Scott, says to me is "OH, well we don't recognize open carry!" to which I replied " Yes I know that, the state does but I know that you guys don't. However this isn't for MOC this is to support the March and I know that is something we can all agree on." Scott then proceeded to say "You just try to open carry in here and you will have 3 or 4 guns pointed on you at once" to which his co-worker interrupted and agreed with him most adamantly. I said that "In all my time I had never had any issues with anyone but again this is to support the March." Scott went on to say that people need to read their damn owners many first.
Since every word that came out of his mouth had nothing to do with the issue. The end result was he ended up walking away and the owner never said a word about it.

Apparently the folks at double action are to busy bashing a legal form of carry to support all gun rights. One more reason I will never spend a dime there. The guy didn't address the issue of the March he just ranted an idiotic argument against OC, the whole time he was OC'ing!! :banghead:
SOUNDS LIKE A LIBERAL TO ME!

DanM

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
Brown Bear at 21 and Gratiot just opened a new range connected to their store. . . . Try them out.

I will if they allowCC andOC in their store and on their range. If they don't, they're just another Fudd store/range that deserves no extra consideration for patronage from me.

Can you find out, please? Since you have a relationship with them, you might be in a better position toadvocate their acceptance of CC and OC, if it is needed.

CoonDog

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:

Please don't take this as knocking your decision to walk, but if you came to my private property for target shooting, I'd want to know who you were too.