• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad experience at double action

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Have to share this quick story with everyone.

I went in to double action in Madison heights last week. A friend of mine was looking to make a purchase. While there I took the opportunity to ask if they would be willing to put up a 2Am March donation jar ( I brought one with me just in case). I politely introduced myself and said that I was with MOC. I couldn't help but notice him trying to hide the disgusted look on his face. I went on to tell him about the 2A March and ask about the donation jar. Mind you the whole time the owner is standing right next to him. The first thing that, I believe his name was Scott, says to me is "OH, well we don't recognize open carry!" to which I replied " Yes I know that, the state does but I know that you guys don't. However this isn't for MOC this is to support the March and I know that is something we can all agree on." Scott then proceeded to say "You just try to open carry in here and you will have 3 or 4 guns pointed on you at once" to which his co-worker interrupted and agreed with him most adamantly. I said that "In all my time I had never had any issues with anyone but again this is to support the March." Scott went on to say that people need to read their damn owners many first.
Since every word that came out of his mouth had nothing to do with the issue. The end result was he ended up walking away and the owner never said a word about it.

Apparently the folks at double action are to busy bashing a legal form of carry to support all gun rights. One more reason I will never spend a dime there. The guy didn't address the issue of the March he just ranted an idiotic argument against OC, the whole time he was OC'ing!! :banghead:

Michigander

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Scott then proceeded to say "You just try to open carry in here and you will have 3 or 4 guns pointed on you at once" to which his co-worker interrupted and agreed with him most adamantly.

*chop*

he just ranted an idiotic argument against OC, the whole time he was OC'ing!! :banghead:

I believe that's called felonious assault. Hopefully you were wired at the time. :uhoh:

T Vance

imported post

All I can say is "WOW"!

Why does it seem like alot of gun shop employees and their owners are so rude? I've been to a few places where they act like they are so much better than the people on the other side of the counter. The same people that keep them employed!

mikestilly

imported post

Wow this is UNREAL!!!! I go there all the time only because its 1 mile from my house. I will spread the word and never go back there!! I think some letters to the owner & a good boycot is in order!

mikestilly

imported post

I'm very tempted to go in there now and open carry an do some window shopping. If they point pistols on me i'll call the police. Would make for an interesting youtube video. Keep in mind these pretentious a..holes all open carry. Talk about f'n hypacrits.

jeremy05

imported post

dougwg wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
That place is full of dusche bags.

Very true!

I wish Mike allowed OC though.

He does'nt? I never said anything to people OC. Im really surprised he would say anything to you about it, espicially because you live up there on wed.

I must say though, the customers that go there seem to have a hard time understanding the safe handeling of a firearm, so it does put me a little bit uneasy. Gun Shops and open carry, is a bit different due to the fact that the customer is a LOT MORE LIKELY to draw his firearm for stupid ass reasons, not reliazing that he is drawing his firearm, not trying out holsters or whatever.

jfrenchudm

imported post

I am not surprised at all. I went in there with my wife before I started OCing, looking to buy a pistol (my first), and was treated like dirt. Never been back, and never intend to go there again. Jackasses.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
dougwg wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:

Very true!

He does'nt? I never said anything to people OC. Im really surprised he would say anything to you about it, espicially because you live up there on wed.

I must say though, the customers that go there seem to have a hard time understanding the safe handeling of a firearm, so it does put me a little bit uneasy. Gun Shops and open carry, is a bit different due to the fact that the customer is a LOT MORE LIKELY to draw his firearm for stupid ass reasons, not reliazing that he is drawing his firearm, not trying out holsters or whatever.

No no...I didn't say Mike won't allow me to OC.... :)

It's just that generally OC is not allowed of people/customers that are not well known to the employees.

I TOTALLY agree with you that many customers are morons and will remove loaded weapons from their holsters or pocket or waistband,to try out a new one.

One of the issues is thatMike and all gun shops need several signs placed on the front door as well as around in the shop stating that "IF IT'S IN A HOLSTER, IT STAYS IN THE HOLSTER".

I believe this would help a lot and I think it's their responsibility to do their part.

I also believe it's OUR responsibility to not be offended when we are not allowed to OC in certain gun shops. This is not to say that if you frequent a shop that you should be denied the ability to OC. If you've never been or only been to a gun shop a few times then I DO NOT think it's unreasonable for them to tell you not to OC.

Remember people, we're not doing this to piss people off. We want to gently persuade them to become OC friendly. It will take time and baby steps are best.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dougwg wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
dougwg wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:

Very true!

No no...I didn't say Mike won't allow me to OC.... :)

It's just that generally OC is not allowed of people/customers that are not well known to the employees.

I TOTALLY agree with you that many customers are morons and will remove loaded weapons from their holsters or pocket or waistband,to try out a new one.

One of the issues is thatMike and all gun shops need several signs placed on the front door as well as around in the shop stating that "IF IT'S IN A HOLSTER, IT STAYS IN THE HOLSTER".

I believe this would help a lot and I think it's their responsibility to do their part.

I also believe it's OUR responsibility to not be offended when we are not allowed to OC in certain gun shops. This is not to say that if you frequent a shop that you should be denied the ability to OC. If you've never been or only been to a gun shop a few times then I DO NOT think it's unreasonable for them to tell you not to OC.

Remember people, we're not doing this to piss people off. We want to gently persuade them to become OC friendly. It will take time and baby steps are best.
And their views on the March? What should we think of that? A donation jar is pretty passive support of the March, even if you don't agree with it. Sounds like they were rude and threatening about a constitutional right (Both state and federal).

mikestilly

imported post

I know they have a no OC sign in the store and really didnt care. It's the fact that he threatened him while the smug owner sat back and obviously enjoyed it. It's the fact their asses. There are FFLs all over this is the last time I go to that one.

Mike

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Venator wrote:
And their views on the March? What should we think of that? A donation jar is pretty passive support of the March, even if you don't agree with it. Sounds like they were rude and threatening about a constitutional right (Both state and federal).

Jeremy and I are talking about TopGun Shooting Sports not Double Action.

Yes, I find it disturbing that Double Action wouldn't support the 2AM.

I will talk to Mike of TopGun today about it also.

Rob Washeleski

imported post

For a much better alternative, check out Target Sports on Woodward in Royal Oak. There is the occasional doof behind the counter, but the ones I've seen aren't working there long. Good selection of guns, good selection of rental guns, and prices are usually a bit better than Double Action. Service is much, much better, and you can actually hold a gun and work the action before you buy! (*GASP*) I have known some of the counter jockeys at DA, and one of them never owned a gun prior to working there. However, she was happy to spout-off to customers that the 9mm won't stop a charging cat, but a .45 ACP will flip a man end over end (just like her co-worker told her). Avoid those snobs at DA.

http://www.targetsportshooting.com/

jeremy05

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Venator wrote:

Jeremy and I are talking about TopGun Shooting Sports not Double Action.

Yes, I find it disturbing that Double Action wouldn't support the 2AM.

I will talk to Mike of TopGun today about it also.
Yeah I was talking to you about topgun. :lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Scott then proceeded to say "You just try to open carry in here and you will have 3 or 4 guns pointed on you at once" to which his co-worker interrupted and agreed with him most adamantly.
It's almost too bad this doesn't happen. They'd all get convicted for assault so damn fast...

Which would be a good thing. Sounds like the shop is parasitizing off our second amendment rights. Far as am concerned they ought not to be in business. How about a boycott?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
I must say though, the customers that go there seem to have a hard time understanding the safe handeling of a firearm, so it does put me a little bit uneasy.  Gun Shops and open carry, is a bit different due to the fact that the customer is a LOT MORE LIKELY to draw his firearm for stupid ass reasons, not reliazing that he is drawing his firearm, not trying out holsters or whatever.
So f'in what? Just put a big sign on the door, "DO NOT HANDLE WEAPONS WITHOUT EMPLOYEE PERMISSION".