• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Gun Show Location

coondog22554

imported post

Just learned of this today...

SGK Gun Shows is proud to announce the opening of a brand new 500 Table Gun Show in Doswell, Va. The show is 14 miles North of the 295 beltway around Richmond and is located at Meadow Event Park, new home of the State Fair.

Oct. 31- Nov. 1, 2009

Featuring 500 tables.

Show hours: Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 10-4.

Admission is just $8.00

Exit 98 (Kings Dominion Blvd East Exit) off I-95. 1.8 Miles on the left.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
coondog22554 wrote:

coondog, you need to get out more! :) That show has been pretty well advertsied for a while now. In fact, I just heard an ad for it on K95.

We'll have a table there. I'm anxious to see the turnout. I hope its good!

Not only will ProShooter be there, but VCDL will have a table there as well.

Stop by and say Howdy to the folks, buy a bumper sticker (hope to have some of the magnetic ones for sale too) and pay your dues if you have not already done so.

stay safe.

skidmark

coondog22554

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
coondog22554 wrote:

coondog, you need to get out more! :) That show has been pretty well advertsied for a while now. In fact, I just heard an ad for it on K95.

We'll have a table there. I'm anxious to see the turnout. I hope its good!
Or maybe pay more attention to the ads. I assumed incorrectly the show was at one of the two Richmond locations. Looking forward to seeing the new venue, and buying a VCDL magnetic GSL disc.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

7:30 AM Sat. Oct 31st

Doswell truck stop of I-95 north - Kings Dominion exit.

Several people need to be at gun show at 8:30 AM to set up VCDL table, others will languish and soak of the coffee.

Doswell All American Plaza Inc 10222 Kings Dominion Blvd, Doswell, VA (804) 876-3712‎

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rlz=1R1GGIC_en&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=truck+stop+I-95+richmond&fb=1&gl=us&hq=truck+stop&hnear=I-95+richmond&cid=1063988209081398674

Restaurant is on the back side near the swimming pool. The food is excellent and they are OC friendly.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dragonfly wrote:
How about Brunch, since I need to man the table at 1

As mentioned above, some will be arriving early and leaving for the gun show's opening bell. Those that arrive later are always welcome, and are encouraged to linger together in fellowship and story-swapping until there is no more coffee or other scheduled events call them away.

stay safe.

skidmark

coondog22554

imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
The Wolfhound wrote:
That is wierd, the site is a no gun zone.
"No gun zone"?

In general, can you OC at gun shows?

In general, most gun shows require all firearms to be unloaded and zip tied in a "safe" condition.

You can then OC your unloaded firearm.

Regular_Joe

imported post

coondog22554 wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:
The Wolfhound wrote:
"No gun zone"?

In general, most gun shows require all firearms to be unloaded and zip tied in a "safe" condition.

Does your OC gun have to be ziptied, or just unloaded? Can you carry your loaded mag/speed loader with you?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
coondog22554 wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:
The Wolfhound wrote:
"No gun zone"?

Does your OC gun have to be ziptied, or just unloaded? Can you carry your loaded mag/speed loader with you?
All guns must be ziptied, per the promoter's rules. You can carry your mag/speedloader with you. There is no rule against carrying inside the gunshow, either OC or CC, as long as it is ziptied.

If you remove the ziptie to try out a holster, it must be ziptied again as soon as possible, per the promoter's rules.

Please do not be the person who has a negligent discharge inside the gunshow. Not only will you be embarassed, you will be banned from the promoter's shows forever. You may possibly be charged with trespass as well.

stay safe.

skidmark

markand

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
The promoter of this show requires all guns to be unloaded AND their actions zip-tied. The only exception is for LEOs.
All the gun shows are like that.

curtiswr

imported post

I won't be able to make it. My moving help is showing up at 8 AM. :?

I will try and check out the gun show later on in the day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
skidmark wrote:
will be arriving early and leaving for the gun show's opening bell.
When you get there, don't trip on the "loophole"
Didn't find any loophole, but did run into a few extra "hoops" they wanted customers to jump through.

Not only did they zip tie (normal) my 1911, but would not allow ammo to be carried inside - so like a good boy I put it into a zip lock bag with my name on it. About $200.00 worth of magazines and ammo in a zip lock bag thrown on top of some boxes behind the officer. :X

Aaaa, people, seriously, I can buy ammo inside! So exactly what did this accomplish?

Leaving, I reclaimed my ammo but was not allowed to open the zip lock bag until I exited the building! OK - there I was standing 4 ft. outside their doors unzipping the fodder for my race horse and securing them in mag carriers. Had no intention of going "hot" until I got to my vehicle, but the damn ziplock w/three mags wouldn't fit in my pocket.:banghead:

Next time, if there is a next time, I believe I'll just go ahead and empty the ziplock bag there anyway. Then they can tell me I cannot do that as I exit the building.

The only thing that they could have done to irritate me more would have been to not allow my ammo on their property.:cuss:

I understand safety but their rules do not accomplish anything. IMO the no ammo rule is just plain stupid, inconvenient - neither does it provide for the safety/security for my equipment.

Shouldn't we all me equal? Saw numerous vendors with non-zipped guns and magazines inserted. So much for "All handguns must be Unloaded."

Yata hey