Thread: A new Facebook group

Post imported post

After hunting around and not finding a OC group already there for Kentuckians, I started a Kentucky open carry group at Facebook. If you have an account there, then come on over and join up with us.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...862&ref=mf

Post imported post

Too many folks are focusing on the 2A. I suggest instead of focusing on the 2A, focus on Kentucky's Constitution & Bill of Rights which is a lot stronger.

Remember, The Kentucky Bill of Rights contains a larger protection of freedom than the United States Constitution. It includes freedom of thought, expanded search and seizure limitations, and more religious freedom safeguards. Also, the Kentucky Constitution contains more protective gun rights, and the explicit limitation of the Kentucky General Assembly being the only entity that can enact gun laws (Counties and Cities cannot enact or limit gun rights). As such, any and all weapons are perfectly legal, including fully-automatic assault-rifles; all of which can be displayed publicly. Kentucky, along with most other Southern and Western states, has the least restrictions and record-keeping for the purchasing and owning of firearms.

Kentucky Constitution - Section 1
    Ratified on: August 3, 1891, and revised September 28, 1891.

All men are, by nature, free and equal, and have certain inherent and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned:
    First: The right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties.
    Second: The right of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences.
    Third: The right of seeking and pursuing their safety and happiness.
    Fourth: The right of freely communicating their thoughts and opinions.
    Fifth: The right of acquiring and protecting property.
    Sixth: The right of assembling together in a peaceable manner for their common good, and of applying to those invested with the power of government for redress of grievances or other proper purposes, by petition, address or remonstrance.
    Seventh: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons.

Edit: While my location may say Washington State, I was born and raised in Kentucky. I stay up to date on the activities in the state because one day I will be returning home.

Post imported post

Ok, since this thread has been hijacked already (not that I oppose), I'll follow up.

It'll make for interesting times when Obama attempts to hand over American soverignty to the U.N. to fight the non-existent Global Warming hoax. How are they going to deal with the states and their sovereignty? Some legislatures will claim it, and already have, but who knows what will happen after that.

Post imported post

Ok, since this thread has been hijacked already (not that I oppose), I'll follow up.
    My point was that if this is to be a state site post more info about state laws.

Post imported post

Awesome I just joined that group today.

Post imported post

Welcome to the group!

Post imported post

I'm in! Looking forward to intelligent discourse! (So uncommon, here in CommieFornia!)

Post imported post

Hopefully I sign up the right way
    Capricorn

Post imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
    Hopefully I sign up the right way
    Yep your in there.

Post imported post

Thanks buddy I am glad to support a very good cause.
    Capricorn

Post imported post

Glad to join and thanks for starting the page

Post imported post

Wow, that is crazy...I myself just created a group called the exact same name on Facebook when a search for something like that turned up nothing...anyway, I joined yours and will advise the folks who signed up on mine to look at yours too.

How could a search for open carry in Kentucky not turn up your group? Anyway, glad to be on board and hope to participate in some OC events here in the boonies...

Post imported post

windage wrote:
    Wow, that is crazy...I myself just created a group called the exact same name on Facebook when a search for something like that turned up nothing...anyway, I joined yours and will advise the folks who signed up on mine to look at yours too.

How could a search for open carry in Kentucky not turn up your group? Anyway, glad to be on board and hope to participate in some OC events here in the boonies...
    Welcome to the group windage. I don' t think searches are regional initially, they would be after you applied filters to the search results.

I figured on some gatherings this coming summer. With the membership closing in on 100, it shouldn't be a problem and I'm sure it would be fun for all involved.

Post imported post

Just signed up today myself
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Post imported post

I joined the FB group a few days ago..

Post imported post

Joined the FB group today and invited some friends that are avid readers of the OCDO forums as well