• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB5303 passes committee

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

This proposed correction strikes out the last part of the statute thatthat state"lawful purposes includes......"

This should make it clear to everyone that all lawful purposes are allowed in regards to handgun transport without a CPL. Big step for OCers without CPLs. I recommend you contact your reps and tell them to support this bill.

Mine already do and are in fact co-sponsers of many pro-gun bills.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Venator wrote:
This proposed correction strikes out the last part of the statute thatthat state"lawful purposes includes......"

This should make it clear to everyone that all lawful purposes are allowed in regards to handgun transport without a CPL. Big step for OCers without CPLs. I recommend you contact your reps and tell them to support this bill.

Mine already do and are in fact co-sponsers of many pro-gun bills.
Schweet! I was hoping that they would get rid of the "lawful purpose" nonsense, as I discussed in my email to the Sub-Committee.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/33017.html

Haman J.T.

imported post

I have emailed my Reps several times for every bill and call also to run up their contact tallies so they remember what I want them to do.

PDinDetroit

imported post

This bill was passed in the Committee by a 9-1 vote, along with HB 5302. These may now come up on the House Floor for a vote. Please contact your MI House Representative to express your support for this bill. The following was sent to mine:

Marie/Marty -

I strongly urge you to vote YES/YEA on House Bills HB 5302 and HB 5303. I believe that these are good pieces of legislation and will allow Citizens of the Great State Of Michigan to better protect themselves and their families.

I will be watching the outcome of this legislation and your votes on these bills.

Sincerely,

PDinDetroit

You can find your rep here: http://house.michigan.gov/find_a_rep.asp

wally1120

imported post

It would be even better if the law says that a vehicle is an extension of your house. After all you payed for the Vehicle, Insurance, And all kinds of other fees to obtain it.

T Vance

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
It would be even better if the law says that a vehicle is an extension of your house. After all you payed for the Vehicle, Insurance, And all kinds of other fees to obtain it.
I believe the Castle Doctine already covers that. At least that is what my CPL instructor told us.