Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: New member intro

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , Puerto Rico, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Juggernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Triad, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    126

    Post imported post

    Welcome!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LOUISVILLE, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    37

    Post imported post


  4. #4
    Regular Member ODA 226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Etzenricht, Germany
    Posts
    1,598

    Post imported post

    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

  5. #5
    Regular Member ODA 226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Etzenricht, Germany
    Posts
    1,598

    Post imported post

    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    Where did you get your name Mike_Hawke?
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sunnyvale, California, USA
    Posts
    171

    Post imported post

    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.Â*I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    Where did you get your name Mike_Hawke?
    Let me guess - a mother or father? Or perhaps a screen name, self imposed?

    What does it matter? :celebrate

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County VA, ,
    Posts
    207

    Post imported post

    Lead Lobber wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    Where did you get your name Mike_Hawke?
    Let me guess - a mother or father? Or perhaps a screen name, self imposed?

    What does it matter? :celebrate
    Mike Hawke = old-school "call a random business and have them ask for mike hawk" name. "My cock to the register, please, My cock has a phone call on line 3."

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sunnyvale, California, USA
    Posts
    171

    Post imported post

    Wangmuf wrote:
    Lead Lobber wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.Â*I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    Where did you get your name Mike_Hawke?
    Let me guess - a mother or father? Or perhaps a screen name, self imposed?

    What does it matter? :celebrate
    Mike Hawke = old-school "call a random business and have them ask for mike hawk" name. "My cock to the register, please, My cock has a phone call on line 3."
    Oh. I see, said the blind man to the lady with the wooden leg. :?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    463

    Post imported post

    Lead Lobber wrote:
    Wangmuf wrote:
    Lead Lobber wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    Where did you get your name Mike_Hawke?
    Let me guess - a mother or father? Or perhaps a screen name, self imposed?

    What does it matter? :celebrate
    Mike Hawke = old-school "call a random business and have them ask for mike hawk" name. "My cock to the register, please, My cock has a phone call on line 3."
    Oh. I see, said the blind man to the lady with the wooden leg. :?
    At least he didn't pick the screen name...."Mike_Hunt." LOL!!!!

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    561

    Post imported post

    Welcome to OpenCarry.Org Michael.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , Puerto Rico, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    Wangmuf wrote:
    Lead Lobber wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    Where did you get your name Mike_Hawke?
    Let me guess - a mother or father? Or perhaps a screen name, self imposed?

    What does it matter? :celebrate
    Mike Hawke = old-school "call a random business and have them ask for mike hawk" name. "My cock to the register, please, My cock has a phone call on line 3."

    As mentioned above, I always thought that was "Mike Hunt."



    Thank you all for the greeting.


  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    561

    Post imported post

    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    I'm just a little bit curious as to your location. Your tag says you're in Puerto Rico but firearms ownership there is severely restricted and open carry most certainly isn't allowed except for police and military (as far as I know), and if you fit into either of those categories you don't have the same worries as the rest of us.

    If you're just originally from Puerto Rico and now live someplace else, where might that be?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , Puerto Rico, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    OC-Glock19 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    I'm just a little bit curious as to your location. Your tag says you're in Puerto Rico but firearms ownership there is severely restricted and open carry most certainly isn't allowed except for police and military (as far as I know), and if you fit into either of those categories you don't have the same worries as the rest of us.

    If you're just originally from Puerto Rico and now live someplace else, where might that be?

    Ah, much likethe actuality of thename, Puerto Rico is not my real location. I believe that anonymity in speech is an important right in a free society, especially when dealing with controversial issues. I'm not one of those tinfoil hatters, but I do feel that anonymity is important. My ideas on this are summed up best by this explanation give on an increasinglypopular financial news site:



    our method: pseudonymous speech...

    anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority. it thus exemplifies the purpose behind the bill of rights, and of the first amendment in particular: to protect unpopular individuals from retaliation-- and their ideas from suppression-- at the hand of an intolerant society.

    ...responsibly used.

    the right to remain anonymous may be abused when it shields fraudulent conduct. but political speech by its nature will sometimes have unpalatable consequences, and, in general, our society accords greater weight to the value of free speech than to the dangers of its misuse.

    - mcintyre v. ohio elections commission 514 u.s. 334 (1995) justice stevens writing for the majority

    though often maligned (typically by those frustrated by an inability to engage in ad hominem attacks) anonymous speech has a long and storied history in the united states. used by the likes of mark twain (aka samuel langhorne clemens) to criticize common ignorance, and perhaps most famously by alexander hamilton, james madison and john jay (aka publius) to write the federalist papers, we think ourselves in good company in using one or another nom de plume. particularly in light of an emerging trend against vocalizing public dissent in the united states, we believe in the critical importance of anonymity and its role in dissident speech. like the economist magazine, we also believe that keeping authorship anonymous moves the focus of discussion to the content of speech and away from the speaker- as it should be. we believe not only that you should be comfortable with anonymous speech in such an environment, but that you should be suspicious of any speech that isn't.


  14. #14
    Regular Member ODA 226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Etzenricht, Germany
    Posts
    1,598

    Post imported post

    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Wangmuf wrote:
    Lead Lobber wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    Where did you get your name Mike_Hawke?
    Let me guess - a mother or father? Or perhaps a screen name, self imposed?

    What does it matter? :celebrate
    Mike Hawke = old-school "call a random business and have them ask for mike hawk" name. "My cock to the register, please, My cock has a phone call on line 3."

    As mentioned above, I always thought that was "Mike Hunt."



    Thank you all for the greeting.
    Real funny you gob shites!

    The reason I asked is because a real guy named Myke Hawke is a former Special Forces teammate of mine and a friend. He lives in England now and not PR. Thought it might be the same guy or one of his many fans from around the world.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , Puerto Rico, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Wangmuf wrote:
    Lead Lobber wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    Where did you get your name Mike_Hawke?
    Let me guess - a mother or father? Or perhaps a screen name, self imposed?

    What does it matter? :celebrate
    Mike Hawke = old-school "call a random business and have them ask for mike hawk" name. "My cock to the register, please, My cock has a phone call on line 3."

    As mentioned above, I always thought that was "Mike Hunt."



    Thank you all for the greeting.
    Real funny you gob @#$%es!

    The reason I asked is because a real guy named Myke Hawke is a former Special Forces teammate of mine and a friend. He lives in England now and not PR. Thought it might be the same guy or one of his many fans from around the world.
    Negative. 'Tis merely a screen name.



    I bet he got made fun of in high school though.

  16. #16
    Regular Member ODA 226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Etzenricht, Germany
    Posts
    1,598

    Post imported post

    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Wangmuf wrote:
    Lead Lobber wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Mike_Hawke wrote:
    Just figured I'd say hello to everyone before I actually started posting.I'm new to open carry and guns, so I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
    Where did you get your name Mike_Hawke?
    Let me guess - a mother or father? Or perhaps a screen name, self imposed?

    What does it matter? :celebrate
    Mike Hawke = old-school "call a random business and have them ask for mike hawk" name. "My cock to the register, please, My cock has a phone call on line 3."

    As mentioned above, I always thought that was "Mike Hunt."



    Thank you all for the greeting.
    Real funny you gob @#$%es!

    The reason I asked is because a real guy named Myke Hawke is a former Special Forces teammate of mine and a friend. He lives in England now and not PR. Thought it might be the same guy or one of his many fans from around the world.
    Negative. 'Tis merely a screen name.



    I bet he got made fun of in high school though.
    No...In High School his name was Mike Penny...
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •