Thread: Brother got a gun pulled on him today for..

Post imported post

My brother is a contractor for Qwest. He basically goes around and collects customers products who are very delinquent on their bill. He gets a cut for every piece of Qwest equipment that he brings back. I think it's $10.00 per box, and $20.00 per satellite or something like that. Anyway, he went to this one guys house today, and went on his front patio to disconnect and take his satellite, and suddenly the home owner comes out with a M1 Garand and told him to get the hell out of there if he knows what's best. He left.. and told the company. I'm not sure what is going to happen from here on out.

Post imported post

Seems like a fairly high risk job to me.
    Basically, you go on someone's private property, don't announce who you are or your purpose for being there, have no sworn deputy or "peacekeeper" there, and start disassembling and taking something someone else at least thinks is their own.
    I'm really surprised he hasn't gotten a gun pulled on him a lot more.
    Worst of it is, someone may decide to use their gun. In that case, $10 or $20 will seem a paltry pay for risking your life.

I should add that I'm not trying to say who's right or wrong, just that it doesn't seem like any amount of Quest equipment is worth dying for.....

Banned

Post imported post

no 911, hmmmm

Post imported post

Hammer wrote:
    ...just that it doesn't seem like any amount of Quest equipment is worth dying for.....
    ...or shooting someone for....

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    no 911, hmmmm
    My thoughts as well.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    no 911, hmmmm
    My thoughts as well.
    it's already been reported. i havent heard back from him since he told me

Post imported post

owner comes out with a M1 Garand and told him to get the hell out of there
    Other things notwithstanding, I like the owner's style!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

deanf wrote:
    He didn't happen to say, "Get off my lawn" did he?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I work for a propane company that leases tanks and fills on site. I have to "repo" tanks fairly often due to delinquent accounts. I've had people be pretty upset, but none that took it THAT far. It seems that most of the repos are at bank owned houses lately, the owners have already lost them and moved on.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    deanf wrote:
    Freakin great movie.

Post imported post

deanf wrote:

That's what I was thinking
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

Diddo....

Post imported post

i used to work for Washington Natural Gas (before it became PSE) on the street crew. digging ditches, jackhammering up the streets to fix leaks etc. i sprained my ankle and got put on light duty for a week. i got stuck with painting meters on peoples' houses. they ran out of company vehicles so i had to use my own car. my area was west of Pacific ave between 72nd and 38th in Tacoma as well as Salishan. i never had a homeowner come out and greet me with a gun but several of the residents called the cops on me thinking i was a burgler. i got held at gunpoint by Tacoma's finest a few times until they verfied ID and called my boss and so on. it's quite disconerting when stuff like that happens. can't say that i blame the people that called and they were all handled very professionally. however, i don't ever want to look down the business end of a gun again.

Bobby

Banned

Post imported post

Bobarino wrote:
    i used to work for Washington Natural Gas (before it became PSE) on the street crew. digging ditches, jackhammering up the streets to fix leaks etc. i sprained my ankle and got put on light duty for a week. i got stuck with painting meters on peoples' houses. they ran out of company vehicles so i had to use my own car. my area was west of Pacific ave between 72nd and 38th in Tacoma as well as Salishan. i never had a homeowner come out and greet me with a gun but several of the residents called the cops on me thinking i was a burgler. i got held at gunpoint by Tacoma's finest a few times until they verfied ID and called my boss and so on. it's quite disconerting when stuff like that happens. can't say that i blame the people that called and they were all handled very professionally. however, i don't ever want to look down the business end of a gun again.

Bobby
    Yeah, let's draw down on a guy with either a paint can in one hand and a brush in the other, or a can of spraypaint.

Tacoma's finest examples of how NOT to use guns.

Post imported post

Tony Santiago wrote:
    home owner comes out with a M1 Garand and told him to get the hell out of there if he knows what's best. .He left.. and told the company.
    I would of done the same thing if someone was on my property doingthat, of course i never had anything repo'd since I only use cash to buy things. As for your brother, hes a wuss for telling the company, he should of been like, "damn I better not mess with that guy again" and moved on.

Post imported post

Post imported post

"we use to stack --" well u know the rest.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Tony Santiago wrote:
    and suddenly the home owner comes out with a M1 Garand and told him to get the hell out of there if he knows what's best.
    I certainly would not have handled the situation that way. It would have to be a .45 in my hand. The only rifle I have is a 10/22 thanks to the STBX-wife.
    LOL

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    Tony Santiago wrote:
    and suddenly the home owner comes out with a M1 Garand and told him to get the hell out of there if he knows what's best.
    I certainly would not have handled the situation that way. It would have to be a .45 in my hand. The only rifle I have is a 10/22 thanks to the STBX-wife.
    LOL
    It's not funny!

It is a SWEEEEET 10/22, though. Kidd two stage trigger set to 1.5lbs first stage and 8 oz. second stage, smooth as melted butter!

Gawd I hope she isn't reading this, she'll want to claim it too.
    You are absolutely correct. Only having one rifle is not funny! That is serious. You have got to get on that and correct the situation :P

Post imported post

Tony Santiago wrote:
    My brother is a contractor for Qwest. He basically goes around and collects customers products who are very delinquent on their bill. He gets a cut for every piece of Qwest equipment that he brings back. I think it's $10.00 per box, and $20.00 per satellite or something like that. Anyway, he went to this one guys house today, and went on his front patio to disconnect and take his satellite, and suddenly the home owner comes out with a M1 Garand and told him to get the hell out of there if he knows what's best. He left.. and told the company. I'm not sure what is going to happen from here on out.
    Does your brother wear clothing indicating he works for Qwest?

Picture ID?

If he does, I gotta question the behavior of the goof with the Garand....

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

...who cares did he knock on the door first?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)