• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho people w/ WA CCP going through Utah, Nevada and AZ.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

We are Idaho residents and have Washington License to Carry Concealed Pistol. We will be pulling our travel trailer through Utah/Nevada (I84 & I15) and wintering in Arizona, most likely around the Quartzsite area. I understand that Utah and Arizona both honor Washington CCP's and Nevada will honor it if you are passing through. Is this correct?

Anything we need to be aware of regarding OC or CC? Any communities that are less hospitable to OC than others? While traveling, we usually have a loaded gun with extra ammo in the non-locking center console, any problem with that in these states? Do we have to inform the officer if we are pulled over in any of these states?

I know that OC is usually a NO NO on Reservations, any other areas that we need to know about? In Idaho we can carry anywhere but Federal Facilities, Jails, K-12 Schools and Courthouses, what would be different in these states?

I am posting this on the boards of all three states to get the best response.

Anybody living along our loosely planned route that would like a visit from a couple of fellow OCers? We're towing a 29 foot travel trailer and taking our sweet time getting anywhere.:)

LoveMyCountry
http://www.reachtheworld.net