• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Security guards carrying off duty?

KBCraig

imported post

The stabbing of a Boston psychiatrist today was reportedly stopped by an armed but off duty security guard. The guard didn't work in the building, and just happened to be a passerby.

Story link.

The article doesn't clarify if the guard was in uniform, or if he was carrying concealed, but it did make me wonder: Does a Mass. security commission authorize a guard to carry concealed? What would be the chance of him having an LTC-A in Boston?

Rattrapper

imported post

The Guard lives in Reading, Ma. so that is where his LTC would be issued from. That permit is good state wide. In the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. Each fifedom cannot make rules, as towhen a person from another fifedom can carry a firearm.TheIssueing Authority can only make rules as to a person in his/her fifedom that are issued permits by them.

BobbyGun71

imported post

In Boston they do issue Class A LTC's but with restrictions on the license it self, and you are not allowed to have any thing that is considers to be an Assault Weapon in Boston City limits even with this license, even the so-called Large cap Assault Weapon mags are illegal in Boston. If you get an Un-Restricted Class A LTC in any town that issues it to you you may carry your Pre1994 mags/pistol with you in Boston.
We will see on November 5th this comming week what the SJC rules on Massachusetts gun license laws and storage laws are unconstutional and to see if Scott Browns legislation on the good samaritan law passes then this will open the doors to fix a lot of these useless laws in Massachusetts. I saw on another site that Mass had a Stand your ground law and a castlle doctrine law, what happened?

Rattrapper

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Wow not much going on this state boards are dead.
Just like "The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts" I have 33days and a wake up left of being employed in the "Commonwealth" then the administration of that state can kiss my a$$

Rattrapper

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Wow not much going on this state boards are dead.
Just like "The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts" I have 33days and a wake up left of being employed in the "Commonwealth" then the administration of that state can kiss my a$$