• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry meet in Vancouver.

Commodore76

imported post

DEROS and Jarhead,

If M1Gunr is gonna be there, your odds just improved dramatically. Now you two have adult supervision!

DEROS, bring your best hair brush!

Jarhead... Don't borrow your wifes car. ;)

Hope to see you guys in Vancouver soon, if not, then on the 8th!

~Me

DEROS72

imported post

Agreed Bill I think it would be great if we could get a bunch of us down there ,the same group we had last sunday.When we wanted to have that meet last week I dicussed it with a few folks and set a date and time.We had 42 there plus 2 TV stations Not to mention those who showed up because they saqw us on TV.We are happy to support you guys in that area but set a place and time if you want to call for a meet. You know we have some really great folks in this group but organization is key .Sqweak even got on TV......

Squeak

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Agreed Bill I think it would be great if we could get a bunch of us down there ,the same group we had last sunday.When we wanted to have that meet last week I dicussed it with a few folks and set a date and time.We had 42 there plus 2 TV stations Not to mention those who showed up because they saqw us on TV.We are happy to support you guys in that area but set a place and time if you want to call for a meet. You know we have some really great folks in this group but organization is key .Sqweak even got on TV......
Aw, shucks! You're embarrasing me!:D

Commodore76

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Agreed, a "chain of responsibility" so to speak. Shall I nominate you for another leadership role,Sir?

DEROS72

imported post

Happy to help where ever I can.Since everyone wants a meeting in Vancouver we need some one from there to set it up.

Commodore76

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Happy to help where ever I can.Since everyone wants a meeting in Vancouver we need some one from there to set it up.
I think everyone is "willing" to help out our Southern Contingent with a public event. I'm certainly not pushing for anything to happen there, but will support what the residents call for.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am from the Couv....live up here now, but don't know of any specifically OC restruants. If I am available I will drive down to.

Anyone OC today? Out and about...just seeing if anyone is having lunch in the same spot.

N-Dawg

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

You mean to tell me that NONE of the folks in the Vancouver area are willing to step forward and recommend a place??

We should have went to the Oregon forum and got some folks to "cross the border" to join us.

:banghead:

Commodore76

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
You mean to tell me that NONE of the folks in the Vancouver area are willing to step forward and recommend a place??

We should have went to the Oregon forum and got some folks to "cross the border" to join us.

:banghead:
They got us all worked up for nothin! :cry:

DEROS72

imported post

If you guys down there expect to keep our second ammendment you'll need to be a little more dedicated than that.That is how out rights evaporate when folks think well someone else will do it.

We have some dedicated individuals around here M1gunr,manu ,commodore, navylt all the folks that came from all over last week and even a little sawed off Marine.And you guys down there won't even set a time and place or find a resturant. If you like we can come down and show you how its done.It really bothers me when people spout off on theforum but when comes down to doing something they're no where to be found.

You guys that pop off and say Hey lets have a meet or an event make sure you have all the details, logistics, times ,places,media ,whos doing what .If you can't do that then close your pie hole because you have no business planning even a kids B-day party.

Even if its just a lunch meeting have the place and time picked before you even spout off.It makes us appear unorganized which is our biggest weakness.Discussed at the last meeting .If some of you had botherd to show you would know that.

Or if you guys in some other part of the state have an idea for a function at least get in touch with one of us and we can help put it together.I am retired and experienced in these things and have the time and will to help.Its one of the most important issues we have to deal with now.We lose the 2nd ammendment we lose everything.

phoneguy

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Now if you really want to do that let me know .I would be happy to meet your son.There are guys willing to come down If you give us some notice and set a time and place.
My main plan was to drive to Vancouver and stay the weekend. There was good support on meeting with some of the OCrs from
the Tacoma area. However my car had a tranny problem so I tried to arrange it from my arm chair. (oh well I tried) I did talk to some ex military guys about my sons problem and got some good ideas.

phoneguy

imported post

I guess we will try another time. I was trying to get the OCs to meet my son. He is an ex Marine, and now in the Army Reserves. I am also trying to help him with some problems he has gotten over the years. I have had very good ideas from people on this forum. I thank every one that has PMed me to help. Perhaps in the future we will have a meeting down south of the state.

DEROS72

imported post

Now if you really want to do that let me know .I would be happy to meet your son.There are guys willing to come down If you give us some notice and set a time and place.

Commodore76

imported post

phone guy wrote:
I guess we will try another time. I was trying to get the OCs to meet my son. He is an ex Marine, and now in the Army Reserves. I am also trying to help him with some problems he has gotten over the years. I have had very good ideas from people on this forum. I thank every one that has PMed me to help. Perhaps in the future we will have a meeting down south of the state.

Phone Guy,

Hey man, can you do a little research for us. If you know someone with a car, that would be the best way to recon what is and what is not a 2A friendly business. Honestly, that's all we need to know. Just give us a potential business name. We will handle the rest. Oh, and if folks down there are not avalable for whatever initial meet we set up, there's nothing to stop us from having more than one to try to accomadate as many people as possible. So again, if we can get you to do a little leg work, we'd be more than happy to support you in any way we can. Heck, I'm almost positive that we could arrange to have someone pick you up if you don't have a running vehicle.

Remember, we are a family in the 2A world. Dysfunctional as hell, but a family nonetheless.

Respectfully,

Commodore

phoneguy

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
phone guy wrote:

Phone Guy,

Hey man, can you do a little research for us. If you know someone with a car, that would be the best way to recon what is and what is not a 2A friendly business. Honestly, that's all we need to know. Just give us a potential business name. We will handle the rest. Oh, and if folks down there are not avalable for whatever initial meet we set up, there's nothing to stop us from having more than one to try to accomadate as many people as possible. So again, if we can get you to do a little leg work, we'd be more than happy to support you in any way we can. Heck, I'm almost positive that we could arrange to have someone pick you up if you don't have a running vehicle.

Remember, we are a family in the 2A world. Dysfunctional as hell, but a family nonetheless.

Respectfully,

Commodore
I will ask my son. He OCs all the time. I am sure he will tell me what restaurants are gun friendly.
When I have that info then I can get on the ball with a meeting.
By then my car will be OK. Thanks every one

PoppaGary

imported post

Well since it appears I am one of the few fromVancouver that responded, I will volunteer to handle the logistics. I don't hang out on the forums that much and haven't even done much OC, which is why I only responded with interest rather than taking the reins.

Last time, we met at a nice little diner called Linda's Home Plateand while I'm sure they would be willing to have a group back again, it is not a very big place.

I will check with some of the other establishments in the area, but what are we looking for here? Do we want a simple little get together as I think phone guy was thinking OR are we wanting to make this a media event?

We also have a nice little park in the area with a covered shelter, but even during the day it is getting a little chilly for a picnic.

Give me a few days to check on some places and I will throw up some suggestions, I would say something around the 16th or 17th depending on what else is happening. I know we have the litter patrol, that I am going to try real hard and make this time, but not sure what else is going on.

(I must admit, I was a little taken aback bythetone of some of the replies and felt like I should comment, but I decided to not go there anymore than I just did. I will chalk them up to a bad day at the office or forum.)

Gary

DEROS72

imported post

By all means please do.I think we could pull this bunch together to support you guys down there.We need to be visible all over the state. It would be a good time.

Michael B

imported post

New guy here, Vancouver local, recently retired, CC carrier for the last 25 years in CA, OR and WA. I'll be interested in attending if the date is right around family travel.
Mike B.

JOESEEB

imported post

well I have yet to oc in a resturant as of yet so i have no clue where to go. but i would attend on either the 16th or the 17th as long as its between 2:30pm and 5:00pm. I didnt get to go to the last one so am more then excited about this one.