• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Highway litter cleanup

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Please RSVP through facebook link below, or chime in on this thread...

We need a lot of people to COMMIT and FOLLOW THROUGH on this one...

Having 2 people is not gonna cut it!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=162054242882&ref=nf

mile post 135.5 to 137.5

North Bound I-5 shoulder from the Puyallup River bridge to the exit at 54th Ave in Fife. We do not clean the center divider.

Date, time & place to meet:
Time: 10 AM
Date: 11/08/09

Meet At: Large Parking lot just north of 20th Ave & Industrial Drive (see map).

Now is the time to put up, or shut up.

Show you're committed to the cause, willing to give a little bit, reach out to the community, not only improve our community, but show everyone we're just everyday people, helping out where we can.

Bill has spent a lot of time getting this set up, and the least we can do is get together and get this done!

All I'm asking for is 2 hours...... Not that much time....

So you can either sit on the sidelines andclaim you're fighting for the cause by typing words on the screen, or get out there and actually do something... The choice is yours.

PoppaGary

imported post

I should be able to make it this time....I keep forgetting the date or have other things going on.

Would like to ride with someone from the Vancouver area or have them ride with me.

Gary

Gemini

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
Made it last time, will again this time. Will also be dragging member "Gemini" along with me.
Sounds like I volunteered ;)

Commodore76

imported post

Gemini wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
Made it last time, will again this time. Will also be dragging member "Gemini" along with me.
Sounds like I volunteered ;)

Yes and you can send an e-mail to the White House regarding a "day of service" and get your free pass to a day in Disneyland.

Hmmm... I did kinda "voluntold" you, didn't I?

I'm a jerk, what can I say?

kparker

imported post

The cleanup seems to always be at the same time (mid-morning on a Sunday). How about varying the time/date a bit and see if that helps a larger number of folks participate?

Commodore76

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
seems like im havin thoughts about joinin in the fun! after all, its an early event, i can sleep later!

respectfully; "the quarter to 1 am defender" ;)
Sleep when you're dead. Our Country needs us sleepless zombies to help her in this dark time.