Thread: No Weapons Allowed Sign

Post imported post

Went to get h1n1 shot, Detroit Department of Health and Wellness Preparedness, located at 1151 Taylor St. Detroit Mi.

I think this is part of Wayne County Health Dept. sign posted no weapons allowed. Shouldn't this be unenforceable

Post imported post

Why get the H1N1 shot? The swin flu is already in full swing, the regular flu hasn't really started yet, but yet deaths are 30-1 seasonal flu. Just saying waste of time, money, and nerves.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

Not sure if it's true or not, but I heard there have been some people that have died from the shot too.

I think I'll take my chances on just happening to get the flu, and pass on the shot.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Not sure if it's true or not, but I heard there have been some people that have died from the shot too.

I think I'll take my chances on just happening to get the flu, and pass on the shot.
    As long as we're off topic/board subject matter, how's that entertainment center coming along there T Vance?

Post imported post

They can ban bows, slingshots, knives, pepper spray, brass knuckles, batons, baseball bats, and any other non gun device you can think of. But they cannot possibly ban legally carried guns.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    They can ban bows, slingshots, knives, pepper spray, brass knuckles, batons, baseball bats, and any other non gun device you can think of. But they cannot possibly ban legally carried guns.
    Is this definetly a county agency and not a state agency? If it is a division of the state DHS then they can lawfully do so.

Post imported post

How can they if a state agency make their own law? The only state recognized PFZ's are on the back of the CPL....
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

19.141 Care, preservation, and protection of state buildings and property; rules and regulations; conduct of persons on property; enforcement; violation.

Sec. 1.

The department of management and budget, the state board of education, the department of social services, the board of control of the Michigan technological university, the department of mental health, the department of corrections, the department of education, the board of regents of the university of Michigan, the department of agriculture, and the board of managers of state fairs may prescribe rules and regulations for the care, preservation, and protection of buildings and property dedicated and appropriated to the public use, over which they have jurisdiction or power of control and the conduct of those coming upon the property thereof, which is necessary for the maintenance of good order and the protection of the state property; may enforce the rules and regulations, and empower 1 or more persons with the authority prescribed in this act, and may cause a person found guilty of a violation of this act to be punished in the manner prescribed in this act.

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    As long as we're off topic/board subject matter, how's that entertainment center coming along there T Vance?
    It's nice.

Post imported post

double tap

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    19.141 Care, preservation, and protection of state buildings and property; rules and regulations; conduct of persons on property; enforcement; violation.

Sec. 1.

The department of management and budget, the state board of education, the department of social services, the board of control of the Michigan technological university, the department of mental health, the department of corrections, the department of education, the board of regents of the university of Michigan, the department of agriculture, and the board of managers of state fairs may prescribe rules and regulations for the care, preservation, and protection of buildings and property dedicated and appropriated to the public use, over which they have jurisdiction or power of control and the conduct of those coming upon the property thereof, which is necessary for the maintenance of good order and the protection of the state property; may enforce the rules and regulations, and empower 1 or more persons with the authority prescribed in this act, and may cause a person found guilty of a violation of this act to be punished in the manner prescribed in this act.
    This only speaks of protection of property,not persons. See MCRGO v. Ferndale.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:

Sec. 1.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/33003-1.html

Post imported post

The web site is www.dethealth.org, wouldvenator or someone check this site outand if necessary send inforeguarding the no weapons sign posted at the entrances.

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:

Sec. 1.

But it does seem to give them the power to mandate the conduct of those entering the property to maintain "good order". All they have to say is that a visible firearm is a cause of disorder and they fall within the rules.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    hamaneggs wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:

Sec. 1.

But it does seem to give them the power to mandate the conduct of those entering the property to maintain "good order". All they have to say is that a visible firearm is a cause of disorder and they fall within the rules.

Bronson
    The cite only applies to state facilities. That is why I asked if it was a city, county or state facility.

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    The cite only applies to state facilities. That is why I asked if it was a city, county or state facility.
    Ahhh, good catch.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

It's a city of Detroit website so, if "weapons" includes firearms, the rule/ordinance would be preempted.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.