• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You don't need a gun! Act like a dog

Harper1227

imported post

slightly off topic but interesting

http://www.pawnation.com/2009/10/27/woman-wards-off-burglar-doing-dog-impression/

A potential case of breaking and entering this week was thwarted by one woman's barking and pretending.According to the Associated Press, a woman in Athens, Georgia reportedly scared away an intruder from her home late Saturday night with some canid improv. Her antics included "scratching at the door and acting like a large dog," the AP reported.Whether or not the woman actually did arf-arf [/i]her way to safety is unknown; the police report of the incident didn't specify barking as one of her tactics.

zack991

imported post

architect wrote:
Yeah, I've been practicing making the sound of a pump action shotgun with my mouth!
:D

I am trying to think hard enough with my mind to make a criminal turn into a pink mist.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OK, and now after said scumbag (assuming he can read, and will read the article) finds out what happened, he'll be even more determined by shame to commit his crime and whatever else. She better get something that barks semiautomatically.

david.ross

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
architect wrote:
Yeah, I've been practicing making the sound of a pump action shotgun with my mouth!
A stapler works better :lol:
For some reason I think of Milton from Office space... "You have my sta-p-ler-"
10221_office_space_stapler_with_milton1.jpg

Bull Frog

imported post

AvianP wrote:
Thats it! Now I can just throw away all my guns!

Toss them my way, with fishing line. I need big caliber fishing weights for the derby this weekend. Yeah! If the catfish can't catch a 'Gator, then mamma must be wrong!