• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CT Wachovia Bank Branches POSTED NO GUNS

gluegun

imported post

To my knowledge, this has never been the case in CT.

Texas, and possibly other states, have such a law. In Texas, "no guns" signs must conform to Penal Code §30.06(c)(3). The sign must contain only the following words in both English and Spanish:
PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN.
Additionally, the words must appear in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch tall and the sign must be displayed in a manner clearly visible to the public.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/signposting.htm

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

The Black Sheep wrote:
Hey guys. New member here. It's not my preference to open carry but I stumbled on this site and I think what you guys are doing is great for law abiding citizens everywhere.

With that being said, I distinctly remember there being state statues and laws in place with a minimum requirements as to how large these signs have to be, the size, shape, symbol involved, etc etc. Unless it was changed, a little plaque on the door or a Size 20 font sentence posted on the door saying firearms are not allowed doesn't really mean anything in any court of law.
Welcome!
Please check out www.ccdl.us
We are fighting for the rights of all gunowners.
Membership is free!