• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CT Wachovia Bank Branches POSTED NO GUNS

30 cal slut

imported post

I just noticed a little plaque on the outside of a local Wachovia Bank branch (lower ffld county).

It is not very prominent - it is a silver plaque placed on the side of the entrance. the sign has symbols for "no guns, no smoking, no soliciation"

I'll post a pic of the sign later.

Be careful guys. The sign is very easy to miss.

I plan to voice my displeasure with the bank over this policy shortly.

If anyone wants to get into a letter writing campaign, let's get it organized.

-slut

Rich B

imported post

What an incredibly negligent time for them to place this notice too.

With all the bank robberies in the news these days, now is not the time to disarm law abiding citizens in your place of business. Of course, anti gun people always assume telling people 'no guns' means criminals will abide by this rule, so it should be no surprise.

It sure does make you wonder though...

Rich B

imported post

30 cal slut wrote:
If anyone wants to get into a letter writing campaign, let's get it organized.

I am a Wachovia account holder, so I am interested. When I get the time, I will go check out my local branches and see if this is an isolated issue or not.

30 cal slut

imported post

Keep an eye out for some low-profile non-descript silver colored plaque on the SIDE of the front door. Wish I had my camera with me today.

The sign is very small and easy to miss. I'm only pointing this out because ... IIRC, it is a CRIME to carry a gun into a posted property in CT.

(In most other states this is a non-issue or treated as a less serious trespassing offense).

Rich B

imported post

30 cal slut wrote:
IIRC, it is a CRIME to carry a gun into a posted property in CT.

Regardless, you should feel it is a problem because of the violation of a customer/business contract that should ensure your safety as a customer above any political nonsense.

With that sign on the front door, I will feel less safe if I have to enter the bank, and I will consider taking my business elsewhere.

gluegun

imported post

I know Brass Mill and Buckland Hills are both posted on mall entrances, but not the anchor stores.

ETA: Friend or Foe appears to no longer work... too bad.

dwayner79

imported post

All the Walk-all-over-ya's I go to (Prospect, Danbury, Waterbury all have had that on their door for some time now. Its frustrating as I have to leave it in the car. I Rarely go to the bank what with direct deposit and online bill pay, but it is annoying.

I will look around at other banks to see if this is the same. Perhaps I will be taking my business elsewhere.

gluegun

imported post

If you do take your business elsewhere, explain to a manager of the bank why you're leaving. Make it clear that you feel unsafe at their branch and that you don't agree with their policies of disarming law abiding citizens. The criminals who disobey the laws will ignore the sign carry their guns anywhere they please.

If you don't let them know why you're leaving, they won't ever learn.

buketdude

imported post

You will probably have best luck at a local bank. I am from Northern CT and use Windsor Federal Savings...nice friendly place and no "no guns" signs...

I use to go to Buckland Mall alot and never saw a "no guns" sign...if they don't post it so i can see then its worthless to me...I buy all I can online to avoid sales tax, buy all my liquor and other goods in NHand only go to a couple stores/restauarants here....

gluegun

imported post

Now that I live in Manchester I go to Buckland all the time. It is posted, but only on Mall entrances. None of the stores that have outside entrances are posted. I believe the wording is "No firearms or illegal weapons." I might stop by today and take a picture.

dwayner79

imported post

gluegun wrote:
You should add your branch to http://friendorfoe.us

The more people who use it, the better it will be. So far, only one CT location has been added.

We should also add the malls. I know Brass Mill and Buckland Hills are both posted on mall entrances, but not the anchor stores.

ETA: It's not mine, but I think it could be a useful resource for CT.
I go to Brass mill all the time, and have never seen any signs on the doors there???

Lon

imported post

dwayner79 wrote:
gluegun wrote:
You should add your branch to http://friendorfoe.us

The more people who use it, the better it will be. So far, only one CT location has been added.

We should also add the malls. I know Brass Mill and Buckland Hills are both posted on mall entrances, but not the anchor stores.

ETA: It's not mine, but I think it could be a useful resource for CT.
I go to Brass mill all the time, and have never seen any signs on the doors there???

There are NO signs on any doors!

There IS a prohibition against firearms at the bottom of a long list of mall rules that is on a sign board at the MAIN mall entrances. Most of the time the signs are turned to the inside, so you never see them. The list is printed in about 3/8" letters.

There are NO signs at the anchor store entrances or into the mall from the anchor stores.

The mall IS posted!!!

atrule

imported post

Rich B, et. al.

Look. If more places had signs saying "Gun Free Zones" we wouldn't be in this mess of having to own guns to protect ourselves and things like that. Then it would be okay to ban guns.

Take a look here (2 minute clip). It explains all. And, you don't even need a lawyer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8&feature=player_embedded

I think you will see this and agree. It is one of the most persuasive presentations to have "Gun Free Zones". ;)

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

atrule wrote:
Rich B, et. al.

Look. If more places had signs saying "Gun Free Zones" we wouldn't be in this mess of having to own guns to protect ourselves and things like that. Then it would be okay to ban guns.

Take a look here (2 minute clip). It explains all. And, you don't even need a lawyer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8&feature=player_embedded

I think you will see this and agree. It is one of the most persuasive presentations to have "Gun Free Zones". ;)
So many great reasons to have GUN FREE ZONES!!! This video certainly changed my mind!!:D

atrule

imported post

Seeing that tomorrow is election day, it reminds me of some great commercials. I wonder if CCDL at some point would be willing to put out commercials like the ones at the end of this clip.

The following clip is from Harry Browne's campaign in 2000. The one I am thinking of specifically starts around 6:20 in the clip. The above discussion reminded me of it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pIYIB4JfzA

Basically, it asks a couple if they are for gun control. They indicate in the affirmative. Then the proposition is for them to put a sign on their lawn that says they are NOT armed. Then see what happens.

BizOwner

imported post

fatcat46 wrote:
I can't find anywhere in the CT regs that say It is illegal to carry in a building where it is posted no weapons. Can someone point me to that law?

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/pub/Chap529.htm#Sec29-28.htm

Chap. 529 Sec. 29-28

(e) The issuance of any permit to carry a pistol or revolver does not thereby authorize the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver in any premises where the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the person who owns or exercises control over such premises.

fatcat46

imported post

BizOwner wrote:
fatcat46 wrote:
I can't find anywhere in the CT regs that say It is illegal to carry in a building where it is posted no weapons. Can someone point me to that law?

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/pub/Chap529.htm#Sec29-28.htm

Chap. 529 Sec. 29-28

(e) The issuance of any permit to carry a pistol or revolver does not thereby authorize the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver in any premises where the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the person who owns or exercises control over such premises.
Thank you!

The Black Sheep

imported post

Hey guys. New member here. It's not my preference to open carry but I stumbled on this site and I think what you guys are doing is great for law abiding citizens everywhere.

With that being said, I distinctly remember there being state statues and laws in place with a minimum requirements as to how large these signs have to be, the size, shape, symbol involved, etc etc. Unless it was changed, a little plaque on the door or a Size 20 font sentence posted on the door saying firearms are not allowed doesn't really mean anything in any court of law.