• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where do you buy your ammo (searching for 9mm target rounds)

Vegas_Dave

imported post

So I havent found much over the past few months locally in decent priced 9mm target rounds. However, I did see that the Big 5 in one of my stores shopping centers actually had several boxes... they just are too expensive.

So I am hoping that this is a sign that ammo availability is getting better. So I will be out today looking and hopefully go shooting (first day off without the kids in like a year).

So where do you all buy?

Gordie

imported post

Winchester White Box (WWB) can sometimes be found at Walmart for about $22 a box (100 rounds). This is getting easier to come across than it was a few months ago.

Of course this is in the Northwestern part of the state, your situation may differ.

If you were in the Reno area, I could direct you to an inexpensive supplier that can get just about any of the common calibers rather cheaply.

Lostlittlerobot

imported post

I have 3 walmarts "nearest" to me programmed into my cell and I call them 2 times a day when I need ammo. You just have to really waste time right now if you want to find cheap stuff. They usually sell at around 19/20 cents a round for FMJ 9mm.

Bass pro gets their shipments on monday and friday. They have their trucks on shelves before they open, and before noon are usually out of what they got in. Meaning, go as soon as they open for the best chance. They usually get in ammo each truck day, but they never know exactly what they'll get (fmj? jhp? .40 .45 .22 9mm? never can tell, just hope you get lucky)

Try nevadashooters forum, they got a ammo tracking board, and look for a guy named guido. He gets good deals in, though I personally have not purchased from him yet. If you buy from him drop my name...who knows it might help me out someday =p

Hope that helps.

Zed Snardbody

imported post

Dick's Sporting goods at the galleria mall in Henderson has been good lately for me to get Remington FMJ for my .40.

They seem to have 9mm as well, I always ask for my friends. You might want to check it out.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

A somewhat less talked about source is garage sales.

In recent weeks I've picked up some .380 and .223 match ammo for pretty good prices.

It's totally the luck of the draw, though.

infinitearms

imported post

** Mods if this is not kosher please delete, just trying to help a member out **

Ill keep this short and simple.

We have some in stock, $240/k, American Eagle 124gr. Also available by the box. Call or come by. http://www.infinitearms.com

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lostlittlerobot wrote:
ewww russian ammo makes guns dirty like woah

That's what gun cleaning kits are for. ;)

I have a CZ 82 that uses the Makarov 9 x 18 round. It's always available at Sportsmansguide.com or cheaperthandirt.com in bulk.

Facejackets

imported post

I have been buying everything at New Frontier Armory. Great guys to deal with. And the best prices in town.

They are within a couple of dollars a box compared to Wally World prices.