• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need References for armed citizen interventions.

triehl27

imported post

I am looking for references of an armed citizen whether they were CCW or OC intervening sucessfully to save lives during a criminal act. Whether it was in defence of themselves, or others, perferablly in a public setting.

Such as the Westlake shooting a few years back, or the one in denver with the off duty security woman. Can't remember the details on them.

I am looking for specifics, Date and location and general summery.

Thanks

heresolong

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
Check out what I wrote to the guys who are writing a paper. I listed a few, VERY credible potentials for them. Might work for you too.
Check out the NRA's website. They have a feature called The Armed Citizen where they collect these stories from local news and police reports.