• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Battle Creek Pedifile released !!

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just a word to all you folk.

Use of sex offender registry information to harass a sex offender is a crime.

Making statements that could be percieved as threats, such as "we need harvest tags" or "someone should take him out back", could be constituted as harassment.

This information is provided so that the public can educate themselves as to the threat.While I have no use those whofind sexual pleasure in the violation of innocence, I do not think that coming here andmaking threats is the proper response, either.

The responsibility to protect ourselves and our families is ours. That is why we carry; that is why we encourage others to carry; that is why we educate ourselves and others.

Please don't degrade yourselves to the level of the scum that you defend against.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Just a word to all you folk.

Use of sex offender registry information to harass a sex offender is a crime.

Making statements that could be percieved as threats, such as "we need harvest tags" or "someone should take him out back", could be constituted as harassment.

This information is provided so that the public can educate themselves as to the threat.While I have no use those whofind sexual pleasure in the violation of innocence, I do not think that coming here andmaking threats is the proper response, either.

The responsibility to protect ourselves and our families is ours. That is why we carry; that is why we encourage others to carry; that is why we educate ourselves and others.

Please don't degrade yourselves to the level of the scum that you defend against.
Just a word back to you.

The activities of those who have posted to this thread are CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED ACTIVITIES. The postings here cannot be taken as threats or harassment as they were not directed at the person. Even if they were directed at the person, MI Law does not define harassment in this way. It does define harassment under the crime of stalking.

For your reference:

750.411h Stalking; definitions; violation as misdemeanor; penalties; probation; conditions; evidence of continued conduct as rebuttable presumption; additional penalties.

(1) As used in this section:
(a) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of 2 or more separate noncontinuous acts evidencing a continuity of purpose.
(b) “Emotional distress” means significant mental suffering or distress that may, but does not necessarily, require medical or other professional treatment or counseling.
(c) “Harassment” means conduct directed toward a victim that includes, but is not limited to, repeated or continuing unconsented contact that would cause a reasonable individual to suffer emotional distress and that actually causes the victim to suffer emotional distress. Harassment does not include constitutionally protected activity or conduct that serves a legitimate purpose.
(d) “Stalking” means a willful course of conduct involving repeated or continuing harassment of another individual that would cause a reasonable person to feel terrorized, frightened, intimidated, threatened, harassed, or molested and that actually causes the victim to feel terrorized, frightened, intimidated, threatened, harassed, or molested.
(e) “Unconsented contact” means any contact with another individual that is initiated or continued without that individual's consent or in disregard of that individual's expressed desire that the contact be avoided or discontinued. Unconsented contact includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:
(i) Following or appearing within the sight of that individual.
(ii) Approaching or confronting that individual in a public place or on private property.
(iii) Appearing at that individual's workplace or residence.
(iv) Entering onto or remaining on property owned, leased, or occupied by that individual.
(v) Contacting that individual by telephone.
(vi) Sending mail or electronic communications to that individual.
(vii) Placing an object on, or delivering an object to, property owned, leased, or occupied by that individual.
(f) “Victim” means an individual who is the target of a willful course of conduct involving repeated or continuing harassment.

jeremy05

imported post

Isn't that pretty the same with the wets? That's what we should do with them instead of just sending them back.

Pretty much, Ive caught the same person two times in one shift. :banghead:

mastiff69

imported post

Phoenixphire, Just so you are aware of this person, this is why I posted it here to give a heads up to the people, OH by the way if you read in the forum it appears that a OC person lives .64 miles from him....

And a handicap person lives even closer...

I do understand your merit onharassment, and i am very careful to respect (HIS) rights to molest children as the state feels that it is time to put him back out there to see if he will do it again (RIGHT).

If you look up HUMM let's see if tomorrow he is registered ????

jeremy05

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
I do understand your merit onharassment, and i am very careful to respect (HIS) rights to molest children as the state feels that it is time to put him back out there to see if he will do it again (RIGHT).
I do understand your merit onharassment, and i am very careful to respect (HIS) rights to molest children as the state feels that it is time to put him back out there to see WHEN he will do it again (RIGHT).

There I fixed your post.:celebrate I just love that icon thing!

mastiff69

imported post

"Oh look" he's is still not registered yet, and one of the victim's called his parole officer, and was told that he hadn't received his ID from the State:banghead:, so he couldn't go down to the police department to register:quirky !!! 16 days and counting !!!!

The state says he has 14 DAYS to register...

I wonder how many other things that they will let him slide on ???

AS the song says (slip sliden away)

PS this will be last post on this matter, as i can see the writing on the stall, i mean the the wall !!!

mastiff69

imported post

Well now it has been 60 plus days and still not in compliance how about that, i wonder if he will be before he is released fromparole.

PS State Police say he has a total of 90 days to register. Got to just LOVE the special treatment that the state gives FELONS. I bet i wouldn't that kind of treatment on a speeding ticket.

I believe you only have 10 days to get a ticket squared away..

Glock 19

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
A Pedophile was released yesterday, into the community, he will be monitored by GPS tracker til April of 2010.

This guy ( DennisFerris )lives at 19,*** 13 mile rd in the battle creek, Marshall areanear Turkey-ville restaurant so if you live in the area keep an eye out for the children's sake, as he loves them all....(his middle name is lee)

He is one sick perp, i have inside knowledge on this one, they plea bargained his sentences down he should have gotten the needle, or at the least life with no parole.

Here is his info below !!!!!

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=262324
I live between 2 offenders..can see the first ones hse from my front window, another one lives about 1 mile behind me...all together 20 offenders live in and around my small country town

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
With a list of "can't do's" like that, what's the point in letting him go? They must know he's gonna screw up. Who follows that kind of regulation, with the history to justify that? WTH!??!

They do this to every "sex offender". You know, high school boys whose girlfriends send them smutty pictures, or God forbid they get busted having intercourse.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
They assume criminals follow the law once again. This guy has a 90+% chance to repeat.  Just take him out back. 
B.S.

Shill.

The long-term recidivism rate for convicted pedophiles is not known. But in a five-year follow-up study of 400 convicted pedophiles treated in the community, less than 8 percent were accused of subsequent offense.
http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/content/41/10/37.3.full

Edit: With all that said this guy seems like the genuine article, a real scumbag.

I still get the feeling most people in this thread don't know very much about how "sex offender" status is abused. For example, most people seem to think this guy is getting special treatment. Not so. John and Jane 16-year-old get the same deal should they ever be convicted of a "sex crime".