Thread: OC halloween

Post imported post

Has ne one ever OCed while taking their child trick-or-treating???

Post imported post

I don't have kids, but if I wasn't working I'd be out in my front yard in the lawn chairs handing out candy and gospel tracts OCing. I'd wanna make sure the kids were safe that night around my street.

Post imported post

yea deffinitly im just concerned with ppl havin a fit because i come up to their door with a pistol on my hip......btw im new to this all just got my pistol last sunday!!!!

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum! I OC on Halloween (which happens to also be my birthday) just like I do on any other day. I would think that is one of the most important days to be armed. No telling who's behind the mask.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I've carried concealed in an unrelated costume, I've carried openly in a suit with a "Boobie Inspector Badge" ready to present to "suspects", and I've carried in a drop holster in cammies, tactical vest, and a ski mask lol!!

But no, I've never carried on halloween..

lol J/k.

Post imported post

Depending on your costume, I bet many people assume its not real anyway so why not!

Post imported post

generally it is cool enough that i just toss a jacket on and conceal my owb gun.

Post imported post

mekender wrote:
    generally it is cool enough that i just toss a jacket on and conceal my owb gun.
    Defeats the purpose of the OC in the OP

Post imported post

well im originally from FL, when it is 40 out, i am COLD... OC is pointless if i am laying on the ground freezing to death...

Post imported post

Ijust don my ol' cowboy hat, boots, jeans, and a couple of Ruger .44 stainless vaqueros....nobody seems to notice!

Post imported post

OBXMIKE wrote:
    Ijust don my ol' cowboy hat, boots, jeans, and a couple of Ruger .44 stainless vaqueros....nobody seems to notice!

And that might be considered "concealed Carry". NC statute says that if your weapon in disquised, even in plain view, it is considered concealed. The question was concerning those little derringers that fit into a belt buckle. The lawmakers say the belt buckle derringer is concealed even it it is in plain view, as it is presented to look like jewelry or a trinket.

Don't bash me, I'm just saying what the law is.

But I doubt if the cop would even notice they were real. Just wondering, if stopped would you notify the officer that you were armed?

Post imported post

Godscreation wrote:
    I don't have kids, but if I wasn't working I'd be out in my front yard in the lawn chairs handing out candy and gospel tracts OCing. I'd wanna make sure the kids were safe that night around my street.
    Last year I OC'ed at home and handed out candy. Very few noticed, the ones who did asked if I was dressed as Dirty Harry.

This year I CC'ed because we were taking my three year old out with a large group of young kids and the wife asked me to.

My preference is to OC on halloween, rarely is it noticed. My preference is to OC every day, but I can't always do that.

Post imported post

I OC'd to hand out treats this year. My stepdaughter would open the door, with one dish of candy, and I was standing to her side with the other bowl of candy. We didn't get any comments, except for a LOT of very appreciative kids. We were handing out Skittles and mini Reeses cups, and were telling the kids to take a big handful of each, because we didn't get many trick-or-treaters, and didn't want to have a bunch of left-over candy.

We live in a VERY nice neighborhood, but with the increase in "home invasions" over the last few months in this part of NC, I'm not taking any chances. I figure I OC every other night of the year when I'm at home, why should tonight be any different? And with the added variable of a stream of strangers knocking on the door for 3 hours, we were both more at-ease knowing that I had the Para on my hip...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964