• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC halloween

Godscreation

imported post

I don't have kids, but if I wasn't working I'd be out in my front yard in the lawn chairs handing out candy and gospel tracts OCing. I'd wanna make sure the kids were safe that night around my street.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to the forum! I OC on Halloween (which happens to also be my birthday) just like I do on any other day. I would think that is one of the most important days to be armed. No telling who's behind the mask.:uhoh:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I've carried concealed in an unrelated costume, I've carried openly in a suit with a "Boobie Inspector Badge" ready to present to "suspects", and I've carried in a drop holster in cammies, tactical vest, and a ski mask lol!!

But no, I've never carried on halloween..

lol J/k.

mekender

imported post

generally it is cool enough that i just toss a jacket on and conceal my owb gun.

mekender

imported post

well im originally from FL, when it is 40 out, i am COLD... OC is pointless if i am laying on the ground freezing to death...

OBXMIKE

imported post

Ijust don my ol' cowboy hat, boots, jeans, and a couple of Ruger .44 stainless vaqueros....nobody seems to notice!

NCjones

imported post

OBXMIKE wrote:
Ijust don my ol' cowboy hat, boots, jeans, and a couple of Ruger .44 stainless vaqueros....nobody seems to notice!

And that might be considered "concealed Carry". NC statute says that if your weapon in disquised, even in plain view, it is considered concealed. The question was concerning those little derringers that fit into a belt buckle. The lawmakers say the belt buckle derringer is concealed even it it is in plain view, as it is presented to look like jewelry or a trinket.

Don't bash me, I'm just saying what the law is.

But I doubt if the cop would even notice they were real. Just wondering, if stopped would you notify the officer that you were armed?

ocgso

imported post

Godscreation wrote:
I don't have kids, but if I wasn't working I'd be out in my front yard in the lawn chairs handing out candy and gospel tracts OCing. I'd wanna make sure the kids were safe that night around my street.

Last year I OC'ed at home and handed out candy. Very few noticed, the ones who did asked if I was dressed as Dirty Harry.

This year I CC'ed because we were taking my three year old out with a large group of young kids and the wife asked me to.

My preference is to OC on halloween, rarely is it noticed. My preference is to OC every day, but I can't always do that.

Dreamer

imported post

I OC'd to hand out treats this year. My stepdaughter would open the door, with one dish of candy, and I was standing to her side with the other bowl of candy. We didn't get any comments, except for a LOT of very appreciative kids. We were handing out Skittles and mini Reeses cups, and were telling the kids to take a big handful of each, because we didn't get many trick-or-treaters, and didn't want to have a bunch of left-over candy. :D

We live in a VERY nice neighborhood, but with the increase in "home invasions" over the last few months in this part of NC, I'm not taking any chances. I figure I OC every other night of the year when I'm at home, why should tonight be any different? And with the added variable of a stream of strangers knocking on the door for 3 hours, we were both more at-ease knowing that I had the Para on my hip...