Thread: Just submitted my CPL app

Post imported post

And now the waiting game begins

Post imported post

Is there a reason or an interest in publicizing thatyou just submitted your CPL app?

This is a sincere question; maybe I'm not aware of the reason or interest.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

my guess is that the excitement of finally turning in the application is so great that you just have to tell people!

at least that's how it was for me
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

I was excited when I turned mine in too.

Edit to add: but even more excited when I got it!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

For me, having the CPL paper work going, but no card in hand made it all the more gratifying to go around OCing anyway.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Now depending on how fast the gun board works you should see it 1-3 months. They told me minimum 3months and i got mine in 1 month here in Lenawee County. I was so excited i dont think i slept for two days. And now... 5yrs later, i have to renew this april. Time sureflies!

Post imported post

Just got my CPL today! only about 77 days in lapeer county. I did call the msp after 60 days and they informed me my prints were not yet back from the fbi.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

I am renewing my CPL rigt now. It expires today. Iapplied for the renewal 2 weeks ago. I received a call Friday the 11th and was told My prints came back clean and i could pick up my permitt Thursday the 17th. I am very happy with that turn-a-round time in Otsego Co. I'm not too happy with the $105.00 cost, but whatch-ya-gunna-do?

Post imported post

Looks like Kent County has a back up. They have a large number of "pendings".

Post imported post

I got mine in less than 1 month. Submitted around the first of the month, the gun board meeting was the last tuesday of the month, and had it 3 days later on friday.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

T.J. wrote:
    I am renewing my CPL rigt now. It expires today. Iapplied for the renewal 2 weeks ago. I received a call Friday the 11th and was told My prints came back clean and i could pick up my permitt Thursday the 17th. I am very happy with that turn-a-round time in Otsego Co. I'm not too happy with the $105.00 cost, but whatch-ya-gunna-do?
    Did you have to get finger printed again? I was always under the impression that your fingerprints never change......:shock:

And why another backgroud check? It would be obvious if you've broken the law, because your CPL would have been revoked for any felony or major domestic conviction.....

I guess they need to come up with some reason to poach another $105 from you every 5 years

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
    T.J. wrote:
    Did you have to get finger printed again? I was always under the impression that your fingerprints never change......:shock:

And why another backgroud check? It would be obvious if you've broken the law, because your CPL would have been revoked for any felony or major domestic conviction.....

I guess they need to come up with some reason to poach another $105 from you every 5 years

Your fingerprints can change, for instance scars, disease, amputations, and intentional modification, etc....
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Yes, they did print me again. This is the first time i've applied for the permit in Otsego Co. They did it on a digital screen so maybe that's why it was so quick.

Post imported post

Picked my CPL up yesterday. Only took two weeks. Hillsdale county seems to have it together.