• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just submitted my CPL app

DanM

imported post

Is there a reason or an interest in publicizing thatyou just submitted your CPL app?

This is a sincere question; maybe I'm not aware of the reason or interest.

Michigander

imported post

For me, having the CPL paper work going, but no card in hand made it all the more gratifying to go around OCing anyway.

TOPGLOCK

imported post

Now depending on how fast the gun board works you should see it 1-3 months. They told me minimum 3months and i got mine in 1 month here in Lenawee County. I was so excited i dont think i slept for two days. And now... 5yrs later, i have to renew this april. Time sureflies!

T.J.

imported post

I am renewing my CPL rigt now. It expires today. Iapplied for the renewal 2 weeks ago. I received a call Friday the 11th and was told My prints came back clean and i could pick up my permitt Thursday the 17th. I am very happy with that turn-a-round time in Otsego Co. I'm not too happy with the $105.00 cost, but whatch-ya-gunna-do?

Yooper

imported post

I got mine in less than 1 month. Submitted around the first of the month, the gun board meeting was the last tuesday of the month, and had it 3 days later on friday.

Jblack44

imported post

T.J. wrote:
I am renewing my CPL rigt now. It expires today. Iapplied for the renewal 2 weeks ago. I received a call Friday the 11th and was told My prints came back clean and i could pick up my permitt Thursday the 17th. I am very happy with that turn-a-round time in Otsego Co. I'm not too happy with the $105.00 cost, but whatch-ya-gunna-do?

Did you have to get finger printed again? I was always under the impression that your fingerprints never change......:shock:

And why another backgroud check? It would be obvious if you've broken the law, because your CPL would have been revoked for any felony or major domestic conviction.....

I guess they need to come up with some reason to poach another $105 from you every 5 years :banghead:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
T.J. wrote:

Did you have to get finger printed again? I was always under the impression that your fingerprints never change......:shock:

And why another backgroud check? It would be obvious if you've broken the law, because your CPL would have been revoked for any felony or major domestic conviction.....

I guess they need to come up with some reason to poach another $105 from you every 5 years :banghead:

Your fingerprints can change, for instance scars, disease, amputations, and intentional modification, etc....

T.J.

imported post

Yes, they did print me again. This is the first time i've applied for the permit in Otsego Co. They did it on a digital screen so maybe that's why it was so quick.