Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun owner shoots would-be robber in Toledo

Post imported post

TOLEDO, Wash. -- A 62-year-old man shot and killed an intruder in his home late Tuesday, officials said.

Lewis County Sheriff Chief Deputy Gene Seiber said the homeowner woke up when he heard someone breaking into his house about 10:40 p.m.

The man confronted the would-be burglar on the stairs and repeatedly told him to stop, Seiber said, but the intruder kept coming toward the homeowner.

After shouting 'freeze' one last time, the homeowner shot him.

The intruder died at the scene. His name has not been released.

Seiber said detectives will be continuing their investigation on Wednesday.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
    TOLEDO, Wash. -- A 62-year-old man shot and killed an intruder in his home late Tuesday, officials said.

Lewis County Sheriff Chief Deputy Gene Seiber said the homeowner woke up when he heard someone breaking into his house about 10:40 p.m.

The man confronted the would-be burglar on the stairs and repeatedly told him to stop, Seiber said, but the intruder kept coming toward the homeowner.

Sad that the intruder was too stupid to listen.

Good that the threat against him was not empty. Never cool to take a life, sounds as though it was justified here.

Exodus 22:2

"If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him."

In other words, if you break in to someone's home and you die, well, probably shouldn't have broken into a home!

Respectfully,

Commodore

Post imported post

Awesome.

Hey, I was wondering. If someone broke in to your, lets say, apartment in New York City, would you be charge with felony gun posession???

Post imported post

Awesome. Hey, I was wondering. If someone broke in to your, lets say, apartment in New York City, would you be charge with felony gun posession???

Homeowner in Chicago charged
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36542

Dad who saved son from intruder incarcerated for unregistered gun
    http://www.wmsa.net/news/WorldNetDai...d_kid_jail.htm

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    Awesome.

Hey, I was wondering. If someone broke in to your, lets say, apartment in New York City, would you be charge with felony gun posession???
    Yes, to answer your question, in many places around our Country, it is considered an unlawful act to be an American.

Sadly,

Commodore

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Awesome. Hey, I was wondering. If someone broke in to your, lets say, apartment in New York City, would you be charge with felony gun posession???

Homeowner in Chicago charged
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36542

Dad who saved son from intruder incarcerated for unregistered gun
    http://www.wmsa.net/news/WorldNetDai...d_kid_jail.htm

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Sounds like a well-justified shoot.

I can never figure out why some burglars will:

a) break into a house they know is(or is likely to be) inhabited, and

b)advance in a situation like this rather than retreat.

It would be interesting to know exactly what the details were. Probably a lesson or two in there.

Commodore76 wrote:
    Good that the threat against him was not empty. Never cool to take a life, sounds as though it was justified here.

Exodus 22:2

"If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him."

In other words, if you break in to someone's home and you die, well, probably shouldn't have broken into a home!

This case does indeed sound like justified use of deadly force. But the Exodus quote has me interested. Did they ever kill thieves back in those days that did not threaten someone's life, but rather just stole stuff?

Post imported post

Back in those days, "just stealing stuff" was threatening someone's life. If the thief steals their money, how will they eat? If they stole clothes, their victims would freeze to death in the winter, as clothes were as expensive as cars.

Even these days, theft can ruin someone's life by keeping their kids from going to college, causing them to lose their job, or causing them to miss opportunities they might otherwise have had. I don't think thieves should get a pass just because they're not directly violently hurting someone - I think it's pretty clear that there should be no tolerance. Invasion of property, theft of property, or violence against your person should result in death or serious injury to the perpetrator. Otherwise there's no reason for people to stop doing it.

Post imported post

antispam540 wrote:
    Even these days, theft can ruin someone's life by keeping their kids from going to college, causing them to lose their job, or causing them to miss opportunities they might otherwise have had. I don't think thieves should get a pass just because they're not directly violently hurting someone - I think it's pretty clear that there should be no tolerance. Invasion of property, theft of property, or violence against your person should result in death or serious injury to the perpetrator. Otherwise there's no reason for people to stop doing it.
    So, you think thieves should be killed?

That's a pretty extreme position...

Post imported post

Thieves are aware of the risk involved and by accepting that risk, they also accept the consequences.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    Thieves are aware of the risk involved and by accepting that risk, they also accept the consequences.
    Do you think that thieves should be killed?

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    Agree with Trigger Dr........if you are a thief, better hope I'm not home when you break in. In the Old West, horse thieves were hung.....don't see anything wrong with that.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    Agree with Trigger Dr........if you are a thief, better hope I'm not home when you break in. In the Old West, horse thieves were hung.....don't see anything wrong with that.
    So, you think that thieves today should be killed, C365?

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    Ya keep tryin, Hank, not sure you're going to get an answer from anyone!

Post imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    I don't see why not, C76. If a man believes something, he wouldn't be ....ashamed....of what he believed, would he?

What do you think, C76? Should thieves be killed?

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Commodore76 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    I don't see why not, C76. If a man believes something, he wouldn't be ....ashamed....of what he believed, would he?

What did they steal?

Post imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Commodore76 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:

What did they steal?
    A bracelet. Heirloom. Commercial value is $400-900.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Commodore76 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Commodore76 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:

What did they steal?
    Let's see, your examples mean little to me. Let me pick something to help you out.

Stealing my watch? No.

Simply TOUCHING my Harley? HELL YES!

Does that give you some idea how I might feel about that?

Lol, it's late, I'm out.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Commodore76 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Commodore76 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:

What did they steal?
    Yes.

I give hours of my LIFE to buy my items, time I will never get back. Any theft of my property is a theft of my TIME, which cannot be replaced. If you want to steal a portion of my life, you must be willing to risk all of yours.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    Compromise: How bout the ol' Arab tradition of just cutting their hand off? Won't get many repeat offenders & no need for a "3 strikes" law either!:celebrate
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

HankT, keep on trying... you simply want someone to say they think thieves should be killed so you can put a bad light on OC or gun rights as a whole. I will answer you once again, but a little more emphaticlly.

Thieves know and accept the risks involved with their chosen profession. By assuming these risks, they also accept and assume the consequences of their acts. If that consequence is death, they have made a choice that could have avoided. The choice is theirs to make. I will accomodate them based upon their compliance with my loud verbal instruction.

Now please confine your trolling to salmon fishing and leave us alone.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    There is a difference between a thief and a burgler. The homeowner in Toledo shot a burgler at night in his own home, when the perp refused multiple orders to stop. Had the incident occurred in daylight and the perp was trying to steal a can of gas from the yard, and the perp ran when confronted, the result would be different.

Charles

Post imported post

the perp kept coming up the stairs in the face of the armed home owner protecting his family. had oppertunity to go away/flee, he was begging for the proper outcome, the only right responce to that threat, even if he was unarmed"dont know if the BG was weaponed or not, but it doesnt matter". he was a big threat and had to be stopped!

insert HankTs PCSD here. i am proud of this home owner!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

If a man believes something, he wouldn't be ....ashamed....of what he believed, would he?
    OK, I'll step up to your challenge: I believe that this forum would be a far better place without your participation, and I'm proud to stand up and say so.

Post imported post

Well said, kparker. May I join you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast