• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun owner shoots would-be robber in Toledo

TechnoWeenie

imported post

TOLEDO, Wash. -- A 62-year-old man shot and killed an intruder in his home late Tuesday, officials said.

Lewis County Sheriff Chief Deputy Gene Seiber said the homeowner woke up when he heard someone breaking into his house about 10:40 p.m.

The man confronted the would-be burglar on the stairs and repeatedly told him to stop, Seiber said, but the intruder kept coming toward the homeowner.

After shouting 'freeze' one last time, the homeowner shot him.

The intruder died at the scene. His name has not been released.

Seiber said detectives will be continuing their investigation on Wednesday.

Commodore76

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
TOLEDO, Wash. -- A 62-year-old man shot and killed an intruder in his home late Tuesday, officials said.

Lewis County Sheriff Chief Deputy Gene Seiber said the homeowner woke up when he heard someone breaking into his house about 10:40 p.m.

The man confronted the would-be burglar on the stairs and repeatedly told him to stop, Seiber said, but the intruder kept coming toward the homeowner.

Sad that the intruder was too stupid to listen.

Good that the threat against him was not empty. Never cool to take a life, sounds as though it was justified here.

Exodus 22:2

"If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him."

In other words, if you break in to someone's home and you die, well, probably shouldn't have broken into a home!

Respectfully,

Commodore

PolskiG

imported post

Awesome.

Hey, I was wondering. If someone broke in to your, lets say, apartment in New York City, would you be charge with felony gun posession???

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Awesome. Hey, I was wondering. If someone broke in to your, lets say, apartment in New York City, would you be charge with felony gun posession???

Homeowner in Chicago charged
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36542

[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"][font="Palatino,"][size="+1"]Dad who saved son from intruder incarcerated for unregistered gun[/font][/size][/font]
http://www.wmsa.net/news/WorldNetDaily/wnd-030611_defend_kid_jail.htm

Commodore76

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
Awesome.

Hey, I was wondering. If someone broke in to your, lets say, apartment in New York City, would you be charge with felony gun posession???

Yes, to answer your question, in many places around our Country, it is considered an unlawful act to be an American.

Sadly,

Commodore

swatspyder

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Awesome. Hey, I was wondering. If someone broke in to your, lets say, apartment in New York City, would you be charge with felony gun posession???

Homeowner in Chicago charged
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36542

[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"][font="Palatino,"][size="+1"]Dad who saved son from intruder incarcerated for unregistered gun[/font][/size][/font]
http://www.wmsa.net/news/WorldNetDaily/wnd-030611_defend_kid_jail.htm
:cuss:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Sounds like a well-justified shoot.

I can never figure out why some burglars will:

a) break into a house they know is(or is likely to be) inhabited, and

b)advance in a situation like this rather than retreat.

It would be interesting to know exactly what the details were. Probably a lesson or two in there.

Commodore76 wrote:
Good that the threat against him was not empty. Never cool to take a life, sounds as though it was justified here.

Exodus 22:2

"If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him."

In other words, if you break in to someone's home and you die, well, probably shouldn't have broken into a home!

This case does indeed sound like justified use of deadly force. But the Exodus quote has me interested. Did they ever kill thieves back in those days that did not threaten someone's life, but rather just stole stuff?

antispam540

imported post

Back in those days, "just stealing stuff" was threatening someone's life. If the thief steals their money, how will they eat? If they stole clothes, their victims would freeze to death in the winter, as clothes were as expensive as cars.

Even these days, theft can ruin someone's life by keeping their kids from going to college, causing them to lose their job, or causing them to miss opportunities they might otherwise have had. I don't think thieves should get a pass just because they're not directly violently hurting someone - I think it's pretty clear that there should be no tolerance. Invasion of property, theft of property, or violence against your person should result in death or serious injury to the perpetrator. Otherwise there's no reason for people to stop doing it.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Even these days, theft can ruin someone's life by keeping their kids from going to college, causing them to lose their job, or causing them to miss opportunities they might otherwise have had. I don't think thieves should get a pass just because they're not directly violently hurting someone - I think it's pretty clear that there should be no tolerance. Invasion of property, theft of property, or violence against your person should result in death or serious injury to the perpetrator. Otherwise there's no reason for people to stop doing it.

So, you think thieves should be killed?

That's a pretty extreme position...

Trigger Dr

imported post

Thieves are aware of the risk involved and by accepting that risk, they also accept the consequences.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Thieves are aware of the risk involved and by accepting that risk, they also accept the consequences.
Do you think that thieves should be killed?

compmanio365

imported post

HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
Agree with Trigger Dr........if you are a thief, better hope I'm not home when you break in. In the Old West, horse thieves were hung.....don't see anything wrong with that.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
Agree with Trigger Dr........if you are a thief, better hope I'm not home when you break in. In the Old West, horse thieves were hung.....don't see anything wrong with that.
So, you think that thieves today should be killed, C365?

Commodore76

imported post

HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
Ya keep tryin, Hank, not sure you're going to get an answer from anyone!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

I don't see why not, C76. If a man believes something, he wouldn't be ....ashamed....of what he believed, would he?

What do you think, C76? Should thieves be killed?

Commodore76

imported post

HankT wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

I don't see why not, C76. If a man believes something, he wouldn't be ....ashamed....of what he believed, would he?

What did they steal? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

A bracelet. Heirloom. Commercial value is $400-900.

Commodore76

imported post

HankT wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

Let's see, your examples mean little to me. Let me pick something to help you out.

Stealing my watch? No.

Simply TOUCHING my Harley? HELL YES!

Does that give you some idea how I might feel about that?

Lol, it's late, I'm out.

Logan80

imported post

HankT wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

Yes.

I give hours of my LIFE to buy my items, time I will never get back. Any theft of my property is a theft of my TIME, which cannot be replaced. If you want to steal a portion of my life, you must be willing to risk all of yours.

Metalhead47

imported post

HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
Compromise: How bout the ol' Arab tradition of just cutting their hand off? Won't get many repeat offenders & no need for a "3 strikes" law either!:celebrate