• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado's permit reciprocity Updated 10/20/09

Flyer22

imported post

eBratt wrote:
What was the reasoning that introduced it in 2007? Is there any support for repealing that?
The "reasoning" behind it was that the Democrats controlled both the legislative and executive branches, and therefore they could pass any law they wanted.

Anubis

imported post

Another theory is that a lot of CO residents were getting UT permits,which were about 50% cheaper than the CO permit. I personally know 1 man who did this. So the state was (or maybe the counties were)not benefiting for having shall-issue by missing license fees.

On Sep 1, the Nebraska Attorney general published a list of states whose CC permits were recognized by Nebraska, which list included Colorado (the only requirement for the NE permit to be recognized in CO). On Oct 20, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation got around to publishing recognition of the Nebraska CC permit.