Thread: Can a Security Officer with Class 1 license carry a pistol where No weapons sign is posted?

Post imported post

Does anyone know if the law allows me to carry where there are No pistols posted signs?

Post imported post

NO! And if you find my answer to be incorrect.......Are you hiring? A job that lets you ignore posted NO GUN signs and you don't have to be a LEO...Where do I sign up????
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership

Post imported post

Interestingly, while i was on my trek at the mall yesterday looking for "no firearms" signs, I saw an armed guard get out of an armored car and make a delivery.

Post imported post

movetoNH wrote:
    Does anyone know if the law allows me to carry where there are No pistols posted signs?
    This question does not stand well with out a qualifier.

If you are speaking off being "On Duty" performing your security function there should be no problem. Especially if you are working for the facility which posted the signage.

On the other hand if you just have the license and you are out and about doing you own thing you should be no different than the average Joe Citizen.