• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can a Security Officer with Class 1 license carry a pistol where No weapons sign is posted?

movetoNH

imported post

Does anyone know if the law allows me to carry where there are No pistols posted signs?

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

NO! And if you find my answer to be incorrect.......Are you hiring? A job that lets you ignore posted NO GUN signs and you don't have to be a LEO...Where do I sign up????

gluegun

imported post

Interestingly, while i was on my trek at the mall yesterday looking for "no firearms" signs, I saw an armed guard get out of an armored car and make a delivery.

JohnnyO

imported post

movetoNH wrote:
Does anyone know if the law allows me to carry where there are No pistols posted signs?

This question does not stand well with out a qualifier.

If you are speaking off being "On Duty" performing your security function there should be no problem. Especially if you are working for the facility which posted the signage.

On the other hand if you just have the license and you are out and about doing you own thing you should be no different than the average Joe Citizen.